Sumeet Kalra, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and a member of the Division of Hospital Medicine.
Originally from New York, Dr. Kalra holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Haverford College in Pennsylvania. He earned his medical degree at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York. He then completed internal medicine residency training at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, New York.
Dr. Kalra originally joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012 and returned in 2015.
Dr. Kalra's hobbies outside of medicine include a love for collecting baseball cards as well as reading.
- Medical School
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2001)
- NSLIJHS-North Shore University Hospital/NYY School of Medicine Program (2004), Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Inpatient Teaching Attending of the Year
North Shore University Hospital, Long Island, New York (2009-2010)
- American College of Physicians (2012)
- American Medical Association (2001)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2009)