Dr. Syed is originally from Pakistan and received her initial medical training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. She completed her fellowship in Hematology at Baylor College of Medicine and MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Later she joined UT Health Science Center San Antonio where she completed a fellowship in medical oncology with an emphasis on treatment of solid tumors and phase 1 clinical trials.
Dr Syed brings to UTSW a strong clinical background in medical oncology and benign and malignant hematology with board certifications in both areas. She currently specializes in breast cancer and gastro-intestinal malignancy. Her clinical practice emphasizes patient and family centered care. Dr Syed’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family and painting with acrylic mediums.
- Medical School
- AGA Khan University, Pakistan (1989)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1993), Internal Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine (1996), Hematology Oncology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2003), Hematology Oncology
- Breast cancer
- Drug development in cancer
- Gastrointestinal malignancy