Carla Khalaf McStay, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of the Division of General Internal Medicine. She specializes in the care of patients with serious illnesses.
Dr. Khalaf McStay holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Austin College in Sherman, where she graduated with honors. She earned her medical degree at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, and completed internal medicine residency training at Texas A&M College of Medicine – Baylor Scott & White Health in Temple. She then received advanced training through a fellowship in hospice and palliative medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. In addition, she holds a master's degree in medical education from the University of Pittsburgh’s Institute for Clinical Research Education.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in hospice and palliative medicine, Dr. Khalaf McStay joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Khalaf McStay is a member of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. She has delivered numerous lectures and presentations.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Khalaf McStay is the Assistant Program Director of the Palliative Care Fellowship program. She is also the CUH Palliative Care Fellowship Site Director and the CUH Palliative Care Medical Student Site Director. She is a member of the Palliative Care Medical Education Committee and the Palliative Care Clinic Website Workgroup.
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center 2019, Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Medical School
- Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine (2016)
- Texas A&M College of Medicine - Baylor Scott and White Medical Center (2019), Internal Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Pittsburgh (2021), Medical Education
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Providing Formative Feedback in the Clinical Setting #421.
- Khalaf McStay C, Langmann G, Arnold R, J Palliat Med 2021 Sep 24 9 1398-1399
- Advance care planning in the resident clinic: From education to completion
- Khalaf McStay CC, Kilpatrick L. Proc Bayl Univ Med Center 2019 32 4 529-533
Honors & Awards
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2020)