Clanton Harrison III, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Clanton B. Harrison, M.D., Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Urology. Dr. Harrison joined the faculty of UT Southwestern in 1999 after 10 years in private practice in Dallas.
His professional interests include pediatric urologic oncology and medical missions in pediatric urology. On several occasions he has traveled to other countries to share his faith combined with his knowledge of the urologic practice. His clinical practice concentrates on children with urologic problems. As part of the Pediatric Urology group, he participates in training future pediatric urologists through the ACGME-accredited Pediatric Urology Fellowship Program.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1982)
- Baylor University Medical Center (1984), Surgery
- Baylor College of Medicine (1988), Urology
- Children's Hospital & Health Center- San Diego (1989), Pediatric Urology
- Newborn Circumcisions
- Ewing Sarcoma of the Scrotum.
- Grimsby GM, Harrison CB Urology 2014 Apr
- Hernia after pediatric urological laparoscopy.
- Cost NG, Lee J, Snodgrass WT, Harrison CB, Wilcox DT, Baker LA J. Urol. 2010 Mar 183 3 1163-7
- Microvascular autotransplantation of the intra-abdominal testis.
- Harrison CB, Kaplan GW, Scherz HC, Packer MG, Jones J J. Urol. 1990 Aug 144 2 Pt 2 506-7; discussion 512-3
- Complications of interstitial radiation therapy
- Harrison, C.B., Scardino, P.T. Editor R.B. Smith, R.M. Ehrlick, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co. 1990
- Diagnostic pneumoperitoneum for the detection of the clinically occult contralateral hernia in children
- Harrison, C.B., Kaplan, G.W. J Urol 1990 144(1Pt 2) 510-1, discussion 512-3
- Ureteral injury due to external violence, 49 cases over 5 years
- Harrison, C.B., Guerriero, W.G. World Journal of Urology 1990 7 214-217
- Trans-scrotal Near Infrared Spectroscopy as a Diagnostic Test for Testis Torsion in Pediatric Acute Scrotum: A Prospective Comparison to Gold Standard Diagnostic Test Study.
- Schlomer BJ, Keays MA, Grimsby GM, Granberg CF, DaJusta DG, Menon VS, Ostrov L, Sheth KR, Hill M, Sanchez EJ, Harrison CB, Jacobs MA, Huang R, Burgu B, Hennes H, Baker LA J. Urol. 2017 Apr
- Diagnosing Testicular Torsion before Urologic Consultation and Imaging: A Validation of the TWIST Score.
- Sheth KR, Keays M, Grimsby GM, Granberg CF, Menon VS, DaJusta DG, Ostrov L, Hill M, Sanchez E, Kuppermann D, Harrison CB, Jacobs MA, Huang R, Burgu B, Hennes H, Schlomer BJ, Baker LA J. Urol. 2016 Jan
- Decision making during laparoscopic orchiopexy for intra-abdominal testes near the internal ring.
- Yucel S, Ziada A, Harrison C, Wilcox D, Baker L, Snodgrass W J. Urol. 2007 Oct 178 4 Pt 1 1447-50; discussion 1450
- Initial scrotal incision for unilateral nonpalpable testis.
- Snodgrass W, Chen K, Harrison C J. Urol. 2004 Oct 172 4 Pt 2 1742-5; discussion 1745
Honors & Awards
- Member of the Board
Project Access (2003)
- Resident Teaching Award
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (1991)
- First Place, Resident Essay Contest
South Central Section of the American Urological Association (1985)
- American Urological Association (1999)
- Dallas County Medical Society (1999)
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (1999)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (1999)
- Texas Medical Association (1999)