Dr. Marquardt is a native son of Texas and was born and raised in Austin. He completed his undergraduate degree at Trinity University in 2010 where he studied Psychology and the Spanish language. He subsequently attended Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock and received his M.D. and M.P.H. degrees in 2018. He was fortunate to match to UT Southwestern where he completed his Internal Medicine residency in 2021. Dr. Marquardt is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) Honor Medical Society and the Gold Humanism Honor Society. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with family, exercising, and cheering for Texas Longhorn football.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center 2018, Internal Medicine
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2018)
- Addiction Medicine
- Foreign Body Ingestion: A Curious Case of the Missing Denture.
- Marquardt P, Derousseau T, Patel N, Geriatrics (Basel) 2020 Sep 5 3
- Aspirin: Does it Have a Role for Chemoprevention of Hepatocellular Carcinoma?
- Marquardt P, Hoshida Y, Singal AG, Gastroenterology 2019 04 156 5 1530-1531
- Binge Ethanol Consumption Increases Inflammatory Pain Responses and Mechanical and Cold Sensitivity: Tigecycline Treatment Efficacy Shows Sex Differences.
- Bergeson SE, Blanton H, Martinez JM, Curtis DC, Sherfey C, Seegmiller B, Marquardt PC, Groot JA, Allison CL, Bezboruah C, Guindon J, Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2016 12 40 12 2506-2515
- Effective Reduction of Acute Ethanol Withdrawal by the Tetracycline Derivative, Tigecycline, in Female and Male DBA/2J Mice.
- Martinez JM, Groot JA, Curtis DC, Allison CL, Marquardt PC, Holmes AN, Edwards DS, Trotter DR, Syapin PJ, Finn DA, Bergeson SE, Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2016 12 40 12 2499-2505
- Effective Reduction in High Ethanol Drinking by Semisynthetic Tetracycline Derivatives.
- Syapin PJ, Martinez JM, Curtis DC, Marquardt PC, Allison CL, Groot JA, Baby C, Al-Hasan YM, Segura I, Scheible MJ, Nicholson KT, Redondo JL, Trotter DRM, Edwards DS, Bergeson SE, Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2016 12 40 12 2482-2490
Honors & Awards
- John Aure Buesseler Award for Student Excellence
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2018)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- American College of Physicians (2021)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (2020)
- American College of Gastroenterology (2020)