- Kalamazoo College , Biology
- Graduate School
- Wayne State University (1981)
- Genome editing and transgenesis
- Oncogene and nutrient collaboration in cancer
- Rodent models of cancer
- Dual genetic pathways of endothelin-mediated intercellular signaling revealed by targeted disruption of endothelin converting enzyme-1 gene.
- Yanagisawa, H., Yanagisawa, M., Kapur, R.P., Richardson, J.A., Williams, S.C., Clouthier, D.E., de Wit, D., Emoto, N., and Hammer, R.E. Development. 1998 125 825-836
- Hepatic fibrosis, glomerulosclerosis, and a lipodystrophy-like syndrome in PEPCK-TGF-beta1 transgenic mice.
- Clouthier, D.E., Comerford, S.A., and Hammer, R.E. J. Clin. Invest. 1997 100 2697-2713
- E6 and E7 expression from the HPV 18 LCR: development of genital hyperplasia and neoplasia in transgenic mice.
- Comerford, S. A., Maika, S.D., Laimins, L.A., Messing, A., Elsasser, H.P., and Hammer, R.E. Oncogene 1995 10 587-597
Honors & Awards
- State Capital of Wiesbaden, Germany
Carol-Nachman Prize in Rheumatology (1992)
- USDA Unit Award for Distinguished Service
Application of Gene Transfer to Farm Animals (1989)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine
NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship (1983)
- Society for Developmental Biology (2020)
- International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) (2018)
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIMR) (2016)
- International Society of Transgenic Technology (ISTT) (2010)