Dr. Zheng served as a Postdoctoral Scholar in the Department of Medicine at the University of Chicago from 2003 to 2008. He then took the position as an Assistant Professor and Research Associate in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Chicago until 2011. He has since served as an Assistant Professor within the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern.
- Henan Medical University - ? (1997)
- Graduate School
- Tianjin University - ? (2000), Biomedical Engineering
- Graduate School
- Tsinghua University (2003), Biochemistry
- Myogenic Differentiation
- Oncogenes and Tumor Suppressor Genes
- Twist2 amplification in rhabdomyosarcoma represses myogenesis and promotes oncogenesis by redirecting MyoD DNA binding.
- Li S, Chen K, Zhang Y, Barnes SD, Jaichander P, Zheng Y, Hassan M, Malladi VS, Skapek SX, Xu L, Bassel-Duby R, Olson EN, Liu N, Genes Dev. 2019 Apr
- Integrative Bayesian Analysis Identifies Rhabdomyosarcoma Disease Genes.
- Xu L, Zheng Y, Liu J, Rakheja D, Singleterry S, Laetsch TW, Shern JF, Khan J, Triche TJ, Hawkins DS, Amatruda JF, Skapek SX Cell Rep 2018 Jul 24 1 238-251
- Negative regulation of initial steps in skeletal myogenesis by mTOR and other kinases.
- Wilson RA, Liu J, Xu L, Annis J, Helmig S, Moore G, Timmerman C, Grandori C, Zheng Y, Skapek SX Sci Rep 2016 6 20376
- A distant, cis-acting enhancer drives induction of Arf by Tgfß in the developing eye.
- Zheng Y, Devitt C, Liu J, Mei J, Skapek SX Dev. Biol. 2013 May
- Arf Induction by Tgfß Is Influenced by Sp1 and C/ebpß in Opposing Directions.
- Zheng Y, Devitt C, Liu J, Iqbal N, Skapek SX PLoS ONE 2013 8 8 e70371
- p19Arf represses platelet-derived growth factor receptor ß by transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms.
- Widau RC, Zheng Y, Sung CY, Zelivianskaia A, Roach LE, Bachmeyer KM, Abramova T, Desgardin A, Rosner A, Cunningham JM, Skapek SX Mol. Cell. Biol. 2012 Nov 32 21 4270-82
- Tgfbeta signaling directly induces Arf promoter remodeling by a mechanism involving Smads 2/3 and p38 MAPK.
- Zheng Y, Zhao YD, Gibbons M, Abramova T, Chu PY, Ash JD, Cunningham JM, Skapek SX J. Biol. Chem. 2010 Nov 285 46 35654-64
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta mediates high glucose-induced ubiquitination and proteasome degradation of insulin receptor substrate 1.
- Leng S, Zhang W, Zheng Y, Liberman Z, Rhodes CJ, Eldar-Finkelman H, Sun XJ J. Endocrinol. 2010 Aug 206 2 171-81
- Improved insulin sensitivity by calorie restriction is associated with reduction of ERK and p70S6K activities in the liver of obese Zucker rats.
- Zheng Y, Zhang W, Pendleton E, Leng S, Wu J, Chen R, Sun XJ J. Endocrinol. 2009 Dec 203 3 337-47
- Expression of the Arf tumor suppressor gene is controlled by Tgfbeta2 during development.
- Freeman-Anderson NE, Zheng Y, McCalla-Martin AC, Treanor LM, Zhao YD, Garfin PM, He TC, Mary MN, Thornton JD, Anderson C, Gibbons M, Saab R, Baumer SH, Cunningham JM, Skapek SX Development 2009 Jun 136 12 2081-9
Honors & Awards
- Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation Childhood Cancer Research Grant Award
- Hyundai Hope Grant Award