Tanya Watt, M.D.
Endowed Title Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2003)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2006), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine (2009), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Pediatric leukemia
- Recent progress in the treatment of cancer in children.
- Butler E, Ludwig K, Pacenta HL, Klesse LJ, Watt TC, Laetsch TW, CA Cancer J Clin 2021 Apr
- Isotope tracing reveals glycolysis and oxidative metabolism in childhood tumors of multiple histologies.
- Johnston K, Pachnis P, Tasdogan A, Faubert B, Zacharias LG, Vu HS, Rodgers-Augustyniak L, Johnson A, Huang F, Ricciardo S, Zhao Z, Mathews TP, Watt T, Leavey P, DeBerardinis RJ, Med (N Y) 2021 04 2 4 395-410
- Before It's Too Late: Multistakeholder Perspectives on Compassionate Access to Investigational Drugs for Pediatric Patients With Cancer.
- Gerasimov E, Donoghue M, Bilenker J, Watt T, Goodman N, Laetsch TW, Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book 2020 May 40 1-10
- Infant with an unusual pharyngeal mass.
- Shields BB, Lampson EE, Sengupta AL, Watt TC, Mitchell RB Ear Nose Throat J 2018 Jun 97 6 154-155
- Radiation-Related New Primary Solid Cancers in the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study: Comparative Radiation Dose Response and Modification of Treatment Effects.
- Inskip PD, Sigurdson AJ, Veiga L, Bhatti P, Ronckers C, Rajaraman P, Boukheris H, Stovall M, Smith S, Hammond S, Henderson TO, Watt TC, Mertens AC, Leisenring W, Stratton K, Whitton J, Donaldson SS, Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Neglia JP Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2016 Mar 94 4 800-7
- Sorafenib treatment following hematopoietic stem cell transplant in pediatric FLT3/ITD acute myeloid leukemia.
- Tarlock K, Chang B, Cooper T, Gross T, Gupta S, Neudorf S, Adlard K, Ho PA, McGoldrick S, Watt T, Templeman T, Sisler I, Garee A, Thomson B, Woolfrey A, Estey E, Meshinchi S, Pollard JA Pediatr Blood Cancer 2015 Jun 62 6 1048-54
- Humanism and professionalism education for pediatric hematology-oncology fellows: A model for pediatric subspecialty training.
- Kesselheim JC, Atlas M, Adams D, Aygun B, Barfield R, Eisenman K, Fulbright J, Garvey K, Kersun L, Nageswara Rao A, Reilly A, Sharma M, Shereck E, Wang M, Watt T, Leavey P Pediatr Blood Cancer 2014 Oct
- Sorafenib as treatment for relapsed or refractory pediatric acute myelogenous leukemia.
- Watt TC, Cooper T Pediatr Blood Cancer 2012 Oct 59 4 756-7
- Radiation-related risk of basal cell carcinoma: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- Watt TC, Inskip PD, Stratton K, Smith SA, Kry SF, Sigurdson AJ, Stovall M, Leisenring W, Robison LL, Mertens AC J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2012 Aug 104 16 1240-50
- Atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome responsive to steroids and intravenous immune globulin.
- Watt T, Warshaw B, Katzenstein HM Pediatr Blood Cancer 2009 Jul 53 1 90-1
Honors & Awards
- Fellows Teaching Award, UT Southwestern
- Hyundai Hope on Wheels Scholar
- Sam Robb Research Fellow
- CURE Childhood Cancer Research Fellow
- Mary Brady Award for Most Nurturing Resident
- Senior Resident of the Year
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (2011)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2007)
- American Society of Hematology (2007)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology (2007)
- Children’s Oncology Group (2009)