Jason Fish, MD, MSHS, MS-MAS is an Associate Professor of Internal Medicine; Assistant Vice President for Ambulatory Quality, Outcomes, and Performance Improvement; and Deputy Chief Medical Informatics Officer (Ambulatory). He practices General Internal Medicine with a passionate commitment to providing physician-patient partnered primary care that aims to be the most patient-centered as possible. With expertise in quality improvement using LEAN and Six Sigma methodology and in quality metrics and measurement, Dr. Fish’s current focus is on developing quality measurement across all of the ambulatory specialty clinics and engaging in quality improvement for these measures and all the ambulatory quality measures from the national programs in which the Health System participates. As Deputy Chief Medical Information Officer, Dr. Fish is focused on the ambulatory use of the EMR in order to meet the quality agenda while developing clinical decision support that is forward-thinking in how UTSW delivers care. Dr. Fish completed his internal medicine training at UCLA and is a graduate of the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program at UCLA and a graduate of the Jindal School of Management at UT Dallas. He is also serving as the Quality Leader of the Population Health Services Company supporting the Physician Network of Southwestern Health Resources.
- Medical School
- Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Science (2003)
- UCLA Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- Graduate School
- UCLA School of Public Health Department of Health Services (2008)
- UCLA Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program (2008), Internal Medicine
- Graduate School
- UT Dallas/Naveen Jindal School of Management (2014), Management and Administrative Sciences
- Chronic Care Management
- Clinical Decision Support/Informatics
- Patient Centered Medical Home
- Preventative Care
- Quality Improvement Methodology and Science
- Analysis of an Intervention on Discharge Summary Quality and Timeliness
- Mourra N, Fish J, Pfeffer, M European Journal For Person Centered Healthcare 2015 3 3
- Recommended care adherence: improved by patient reminder letters but with potential attenuation by the healthcare process complexity.
- Zhang Z, Fish J Qual Prim Care 2012 20 2 149-64
- Association of perceived neighborhood safety with [corrected] body mass index.
- Fish JS, Ettner S, Ang A, Brown AF Am J Public Health 2010 Nov 100 11
- Book Review. Doctors in Transition: The Socialization and Bioethics of the First-Year Attending by Alessia Minicozzi
- Fish J The New Physician, American Medical Student Association 2010 Apr
- Work hour restrictions and internal medicine residents' health-related quality of life.
- Walling A, Hays RD, Fish J, Mahajan AP, Vazirani S, Friedman J, Wenger NS Med Teach 2009 Feb 31 2 186
- Receptor isoform and ligand-specific modulation of dihydrotestosterone-induced prostate specific antigen gene expression and prostate tumor cell growth by estrogens.
- Zhu YS, Cai LQ, Huang Y, Fish J, Wang L, Zhang ZK, Imperato-McGinley JL J. Androl. 2005 Jul-Aug 26 4 500-8; discussion 509-10
- Response to Letter to Editor re "Association of Perceived Neighborhood Safety on Body Mass Index"
- Fish J, Ettner S, Ang A, Brown AF Am J Public Health in press
The Quality Chasm. In Diabetes in Cardiovascular Diseases: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Fish J (2014).
Honors & Awards
- Healthcare Informatics Innovation of the Year - Ambulatory Quality Program UTSW
Healthcare Informatics (2016)
- On-Time Doctor
- Patients Choice Award
- Beta Gamma Sigma (Honors Society in Business)
The University of Texas at Dallas, Jindal School of Management (2014)
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Care National Recognition in Bridges to Excellence National Program in General Internal Medicine
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition
University of California, Los Angeles (2010)
- Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition (Level 3-Highest Level) - General Internal Medicine
National Committee for Quality Assurance (2010-2016)
- UCLA Star Award
Dedication to Excellence: Patient or Colleague Recognition Award (2010)
- Lipkin Finalist
Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Meeting, Scientific Abstract, UCLA (2008)
- Patients Choice Award
University of California, Los Angeles (2008-2011)
- Commendation for Excellence in Medical Student Teaching
University of California, Los Angeles (2004)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Honor Medical Society, Weill Cornell Medical School (2003)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2004)
- American College of Physicians (2003)