- Graduate School
- Boston University School of Medicine (1997)
- Medical School
- Boston University School of Medicine (2001)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2002), Internal Medicine
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2006), Radiation Oncology
- Combined modality therapy for breast cancer
- Mitigation of normal tissue injury from radiation therapy
- Optimizing advanced technology utilization for radiation therapy
- Particle therapy applications for breast cancer
- Use of aspirin in locally advanced cancer
- Emphasis on Repair, Not Just Avoidance of Injury, Facilitates Prudent Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy.
- Kim DWN, Medin PM, Timmerman RD Semin Radiat Oncol 2017 Oct 27 4 378-392
- Dosimetric comparison of rectal-sparing capabilities of rectal balloon vs injectable spacer gel in stereotactic body radiation therapy for prostate cancer: lessons learned from prospective trials.
- Jones RT, Hassan Rezaeian N, Desai NB, Lotan Y, Jia X, Hannan R, Kim DWN, Hornberger B, Dubas J, Laine AM, Zelefsky MJ, Timmerman RD, Folkert MR Med Dosim 2017 Jul
- Carbon Ion Radiotherapy: A Review of Clinical Experiences and Preclinical Research, with an Emphasis on DNA Damage/Repair.
- Mohamad O, Sishc BJ, Saha J, Pompos A, Rahimi A, Story MD, Davis AJ, Kim DWN Cancers (Basel) 2017 Jun 9 6
- Safety and Efficacy of Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma Extracranial Metastases.
- Wang CJ, Christie A, Lin MH, Jung M, Weix D, Huelsmann L, Kuhn K, Meyer J, Desai N, Kim DWN, Pedrosa I, Margulis V, Cadeddu J, Sagalowsky A, Gahan J, Laine A, Xie XJ, Choy H, Brugarolas J, Timmerman R, Hannan R Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2017 May 98 1 91-100
- Constructing a Clinicopathologic Prognostic Model for a Triple Negative Breast Cancer Population
- Kimberly Thomas, MD, MSc; Jean Shiao, BS; Roshni Rao, MD; Abu Minhajuddin, PhD; Ann Spangler, MD, MACM; Marilyn Leitch, MD; Rachel Wooldridge, MD; Aeisha Rivers MD; Barbara Haley; MD, DW; Nathan Kim, MD, PhD; and Asal Rahimi, MD, MS Am J Hematol Oncol 2017 13 1 11-21
- Aspirin/antiplatelet agent use improves disease-free survival and reduces the risk of distant metastases in Stage II and III triple-negative breast cancer patients.
- Shiao J, Thomas KM, Rahimi AS, Rao R, Yan J, Xie XJ, DaSilva M, Spangler A, Leitch M, Wooldridge R, Rivers A, Farr D, Haley B, Kim DW Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2016 Dec
- Early and multiple PSA bounces can occur following high-dose prostate stereotactic body radiation therapy: Subset analysis of a phase 1/2 trial.
- Kim DN, Straka C, Cho LC, Lotan Y, Yan J, Kavanagh B, Raben D, Cooley S, Brindle J, Xie XJ, Pistenmaa D, Timmerman R Pract Radiat Oncol 2016 Jun
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for low and intermediate risk prostate cancer-Results from a multi-institutional clinical trial.
- Hannan R, Tumati V, Xie XJ, Cho LC, Kavanagh BD, Brindle J, Raben D, Nanda A, Cooley S, Kim DW, Pistenmaa D, Lotan Y, Timmerman R Eur. J. Cancer 2016 May 59 142-51
- Solitary recurrence of castration-resistant prostate cancer with low or undetectable levels of prostate specific antigen salvaged with local ablative radiation therapy: A case report.
- Wang CJ, Ying J, Kapur P, Wohlfeld B, Roehrborn C, Kim DW Oncol Lett 2016 Jan 11 1 713-716
- Review of evolving etiologies, implications and treatment strategies for the superior vena cava syndrome.
- Straka C, Ying J, Kong FM, Willey CD, Kaminski J, Kim DW Springerplus 2016 5 229
Principles of Radiation Oncology. In CANCER: Principles and Practice of Oncology Review
Choy H, Kim DWN (2012). Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Basics of chemotherapy, irradiation interaction. In Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology, 6th Edition
Kim DW, Story D, Choy H (2013). Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Honors & Awards
- AACR AFLAC Scholars in Training Award
- RSNA Resident Trainee Award and Travel Grant
- ABR Holman Pathway Research Award
- ASTRO Basic Science Travel Grant
- Sidney Cooperband Award
Boston University School of Medicine (2001)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology