Dr. Omar holds a bachelor's degree in history from Tulane University. She earned her medical degree at the Tulane University School of Medicine and completed her residency in radiology at UT Southwestern, where she also received advanced training in breast imaging through a fellowship program.
Dr. Omar's research interests include investigating the imaging endpoints for idiopathic granulomatous mastitis, breast imaging in the pediatric population, and the utility of post-lumpectomy imaging in patients with noninvasive breast cancer.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Omar's commitment to radiology education is evidenced by her service on the Radiology Residency Recruitment Committee and the Radiology Fellowship Recruitment Committee.
She is an active member of several international and national societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, American Board of Radiology, and American Roentgen Ray Society.
- Medical School
- Tulane University School of Medicine (2010)
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation (2011), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Breast Imaging
Honors & Awards
- Glasgow-Rubin Award for Academic Achievement
American Medical Women's Association (2010)
- American Board of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America