Meredith Bryarly, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Bryarly specializes in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating autonomic and neuromuscular disorders. She is a member of the Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) Clinic at UT Southwestern. She founded and runs the Autonomic Disorders Clinic at the Dallas VA. She also participates in a joint rheumatology-neurology Muscle Clinic. She performs autonomic studies, nerve conduction studies, electromyography (EMG) and single fiber EMG.
She did her undergraduate training at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. She received her medical degree from UT Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. She completed neurology residency and fellowship training in neuromuscular disorders and autonomic disorders at UT Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016.
Her primary research interests are in postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS), orthostatic hypotension (OH) and MSA. She leads clinical trials for autonomic disorders.
Clinical education is another interest of hers. She is the Associate Clerkship Director for the UT Southwestern Medical Student Neurology Clerkship, and regularly participates on committees associated with the medical school.
She is board certified in Neurology (2015), Neuromuscular Medicine (2016) and Autonomic Disorders (2018). She participated in the 2019 UCNS subspecialty program requirements task force. Professional memberships include the American Autonomic Society and American Academy of Neurology.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2011)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Neuromuscular Disease
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Autonomic Disorders
- Autonomic Failure
- Multiple System Atrophy
- Orthostatic Hypotension
- POTS (Postural Tachycardia Syndrome)
- Pure Autonomic Failure
- Ganglionic Acetylcholine Receptor Antibodies in Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.
- Bryarly M, Raj SR, Phillips L, Hynan LS, Okamoto LE, Arnold AC, Paranjape SY, Vernino M, Black BK, Vernino S, Neurol Clin Pract 2021 Aug 11 4 e397-e401
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: JACC Focus Seminar.
- Bryarly M, Phillips LT, Fu Q, Vernino S, Levine BD, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019 Mar 73 10 1207-1228
- Seronegative autoimmune autonomic neuropathy: a distinct clinical entity.
- Golden EP, Bryarly MA, Vernino S Clin. Auton. Res. 2017 Dec
- A comparison of health-related quality of life in autonomic disorders: postural tachycardia syndrome versus vasovagal syncope.
- Hall J, Bourne KM, Sheldon RS, Vernino S, Raj V, Ng J, Okamoto LE, Arnold AC, Bryarly M, Phillips L, Paranjape SY, Raj SR, Clin Auton Res 2021 Jun 31 3 433-441
- Quantitative assessment of diabetic amyotrophy using magnetic resonance neurography-a case-control analysis.
- Hlis R, Poh F, Bryarly M, Xi Y, Chhabra A, Eur Radiol 2019 Nov 29 11 5910-5919
Honors & Awards
- American Autonomic Society- Lundbeck Travel Fellowship Award
- UT Southwestern Medical Student Teaching Award
Neurology Department (2015)
- American Academy of Neurology- Medical Student Award
UT Health Science Center San Antonio (2011)
- Nellie Pratt Award
Yale University (2001)
- William H. McKim Prize
Yale University (2001)
- American Academy of Neurology (2011)
- American Autonomic Society (2016)