Sajan Andrews, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Community Radiology Division. He provides clinical imaging services at Zale Lipshy University Hospital, Parkland Hospital, and William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital.
Originally from India, Dr. Andrews earned his medical degree at Madras Medical College in Chennai and performed his residency in diagnostic radiology at Kasturba Medical College in Manipal. He then received advanced training in neuroradiology, thoracic imaging, abdominal imaging, and body magnetic resonance imaging through four separate fellowships at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Andrews has researched and published articles on topics including systemic non-Hodgkin lymphoma, cauda equine syndrome, and endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterus.
He is a member of a number of national and international professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, the American College of Radiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, and the Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance.
- Medical School
- Madras Medical College, the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University (2000)
- Madras Medical College, the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University (2002), Internal Medicine
- Kasturba Medical College, India (2007), Diagnostic Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Neuroradiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Thoracic Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), F
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Body Imaging
- Ovarian involvement in endometrioid adenocarcinoma of uterus.
- Lin KY, Miller DS, Bailey AA, Andrews SJ, Kehoe SM, Richardson DL, Lea JS Gynecol. Oncol. 2015 Jul
- Lumbosacral epidural lipomatosis due to prolonged steroid intake causing cauda equina syndrome.
- Mahmood NS, Shetty S, Andrews S Neurol India 2010 Jan-Feb 58 1 146-7
- Case report: Benign porta hepatic schwannoma.
- Kulkarni N, Andrews SJ, Rao V, Rajagopal KV Indian J Radiol Imaging 2009 Jul-Sep 19 3 213-5
- Multiple 'lumps' and 'bumps' in the head with bilateral proptosis: a unique presentation of systemic non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Mahmood NS, Andrews SJ, Suresh HB, Swethadri GK, Avabratha S Pediatr Neurosurg 2009 45 6 481-2
Honors & Awards
- ECFMG Certification
Awarded from Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (2011)
- Diplomate of National Board
Awarded from National Board of Examinations, India (2008)
- Fellow Royal College of Radiologists
Awarded from Royal College of Radiologists (RCR), London (2008)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS)
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Radiology Society of North America (RSNA)
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance (SBCT‐MR)