Neha Patel, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Neha V. Patel, M.D. , is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases . Her clinical interests include women’s gastrointestinal health – particularly pelvic floor dysfunction, functional bowel disorders, colon cancer prevention, nutrition and weight loss, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Originally from Queens, New York, Dr. Patel holds a bachelor's degree in biology with a double minor in phsychology and chemistry from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. She earned her medical degree with honors from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and completed an internal medicine residency – with a focus on women’s health – at Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center. She then obtained advanced training through a fellowship program in gastroenterology and liver diseases at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in both internal medicine and gastroenterology, Dr. Patel joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014.
She is an active member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Physicians, American Gastroenterology Association, American College of Gastroenterology, and American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Patel’s interests outside of medicine include traveling, cooking, reading, and exercise.
- Medical School
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2008)
- Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases
- Identifying Predictors of Physician Non-adherence to Guideline Recommendations After Colonoscopy
Honors & Awards
- Resident Teacher of the Month
Northwestern University (2009)
- Phi Beta Kappa
University of Miami (2004)
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society of Nutrition
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association