Dr. Memon was born and raised in Durango, Colorado and received her medical training here at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She did her residency in internal medicine at Washington University in St. Louis where she developed a passion for medical education, with a focus on assessing the effectiveness of active learning pedagogies and transitions in physician trainee roles. She also completed a fellowship in medical education and is completing her Masters in Education for the Health Professions through Johns Hopkins University School of Education. Her research interests include utilizing validated observation protocols for active learning in faculty and resident teaching development. Her interests in inpatient medicine, teaching observation, and medical education scholarship led her to a career in academic hospital medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. In her free time, she enjoys baking cakes, hiking, and spending time with her family.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2015)
- Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (2018), Internal Medicine
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Johns Hopkins School of Education (2019)
- Graduate School
- Johns Hopkins University School of Education (2019)
- Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (2019), Academic Medicine
- Active Learning Pedagogies
- Medical Education
- Microbial Keratitis at an Urban Public Hospital: A 10-Year Update.
- Truong DT, Bui MT, Memon P, Cavanagh HD J Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2015 Dec 6 6
- A carbon nanotube-based Raman-imaging immunoassay for evaluating tumor targeting ligands.
- Bajaj P, Mikoryak C, Wang R, Bushdiecker DK, Memon P, Draper RK, Dieckmann GR, Pantano P, Musselman IH Analyst 2014 Jun 139 12 3069-76
Honors & Awards
- Jason S. Goldfeder, M.D. Senior Teaching Award
Washington University, St. Louis (2018)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2019)
- Texas Medical Association (2019)
- American College of Physicians (2016)