Gordon Bruce, M.D., Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. Bruce has a degree and Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of York and Keele, UK, respectively. He graduated from UT Southwestern Medical School in 1992 and completed his Pediatric Residency at Children’s Medical Center Dallas in 1995. He worked in a private pediatric practice before rejoining Children’s Medical Center in the Division of Emergency Medicine in 1999. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1992)
- Children's Health Dallas (1993), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1995), Pediatrics
- General pediatrics
- Pediatric care in the acute setting
- Resident and medical school teaching
- The phosphorylation of choline acetyltransferase.
- Bruce G, Hersh LB Neurochem. Res. 1989 Jul 14 7 613-20
- Production and characterization of biologically active recombinant human nerve growth factor.
- Bruce G, Heinrich G Neurobiol. Aging 1989 Jan-Feb 10 1 89-94
- An atlas of the regional and laminar distribution of choline acetyltransferase immunoreactivity in rat cerebral cortex.
- Lysakowski A, Wainer BH, Bruce G, Hersh LB Neuroscience 1989 28 2 291-336
- Development of cholinergic neurons in the septal/diagonal band complex of the rat.
- Armstrong DM, Bruce G, Hersh LB, Gage FH Brain Res. 1987 Dec 433 2 249-56
- Studies on detergent released choline acetyltransferase from membrane fractions of rat and human brain.
- Bruce G, Hersh LB Neurochem. Res. 1987 Dec 12 12 1059-66
- Response of septal cholinergic neurons to axotomy.
- Armstrong DM, Terry RD, Deteresa RM, Bruce G, Hersh LB, Gage FH J. Comp. Neurol. 1987 Oct 264 3 421-36
- Distribution of choline acetyltransferase-containing neurons of the hypothalamus.
- Tago H, McGeer PL, Bruce G, Hersh LB Brain Res. 1987 Jul 415 1 49-62
- Vestibular and cochlear efferent neurons in the monkey identified by immunocytochemical methods.
- Carpenter MB, Chang L, Pereira AB, Hersh LB, Bruce G, Wu JY Brain Res. 1987 Apr 408 1-2 275-80
- Relation of pontine choline acetyltransferase immunoreactive neurons with cells which increase discharge during REM sleep.
- Shiromani PJ, Armstrong DM, Bruce G, Hersh LB, Groves PM, Gillin JC Brain Res. Bull. 1987 Mar 18 3 447-55
- Choline acetyltransferase immunoreactivity in neuritic plaques of Alzheimer brain.
- Armstrong DM, Bruce G, Hersh LB, Terry RD Neurosci. Lett. 1986 Nov 71 2 229-34
Honors & Awards
- Mom-Approved Doctors
DFW Child Magazine (2016)