- Medical School
- Karnatak University (1990)
- VM Medical College, India (1993), Pediatrics
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport (2007), Pediatrics
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport (2010), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Less invasive surfactant administration
- Nasal CPAP: Optimal delivery systems and weaning strategies in extremely low birth weight infants
- Neonatal abstinence syndrome
- New tools in improving informed decision making in the NICU
- Non invasive respiratory support in preterm infants
- Noninvasive Ventilation in the Delivery Room for the Preterm Infant.
- Weydig H, Ali N, Kakkilaya V, Neoreviews 2019 09 20 9 e489-e499
- Delivery Room Continuous Positive Airway Pressure and Pneumothorax.
- Smithhart W, Wyckoff MH, Kapadia V, Jaleel M, Kakkilaya V, Brown LS, Nelson DB, Brion LP, Pediatrics 2019 Aug
- Early predictors of continuous positive airway pressure failure in preterm neonates.
- Kakkilaya V, Wagner S, Mangona KLM, Steven Brown L, Jubran I, He H, Savani RC, Kapadia VS, J Perinatol 2019 May
- The use of less invasive surfactant administration (LISA) in the United States with review of the literature.
- Kurepa D, Perveen S, Lipener Y, Kakkilaya V J Perinatol 2019 Mar 39 3 426-432
- Quality Improvement Project to Decrease Delivery Room Intubations in Preterm Infants.
- Kakkilaya V, Jubran I, Mashruwala V, Ramon E, Simcik VN, Marshall M, Brown LS, Jaleel MA, Kapadia VS Pediatrics 2019 Jan
- Impact of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program-Recommended Low Oxygen Strategy on Outcomes of Infants Born Preterm.
- Kapadia VS, Lal CV, Kakkilaya V, Heyne R, Savani RC, Wyckoff MH J. Pediatr. 2017 Dec 191 35-41
- Otopalatodigital syndrome type 2 in a male infant: A case report with a novel sequence variation.
- Sankararaman S, Kurepa D, Shen Y, Kakkilaya V, Ursin S, Chen H J Pediatr Genet 2013 Mar 2 1 33-6
- Another case of genitopatellar syndrome: a case report with additional rare coexistences.
- Sankararaman S, Kurepa D, Velayuthan S, Kakkilaya V, Gates T, Ursin S, Chen H Clin. Dysmorphol. 2012 Aug
- Elevated Acetoacetate and Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-1 Levels in Cord Blood of Infants of Diabetic Mothers.
- Kurepa D, Pramanik AK, Kakkilaya V, Caldito G, Groome LJ, Bocchini JA, Jain SK Neonatology 2012 Jul 102 3 163-168
- Use of a Visual Aid to Improve Counseling at the Threshold of Viability.
- Kakkilaya V, Groome LJ, Platt D, Kurepa D, Pramanik A, Caldito G, Conrad L, Bocchini JA, Davis TC Pediatrics 2011 Nov
Honors & Awards
- John Haven Emerson Award
- Young Investigator Award Finalist, Southern Society of Pediatric Research
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics (2007)
- Member of Royal College of Physicians (1997)