Tina Kaviani, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Tina Kaviani is clinical faculty in the department of Psychiatry. She completed her residency at UT Southwestern in 2015 after serving as Chief Resident and graduating with distinction on the Clinician-Educator Track. As faculty, she cares for adults with a wide range of acute psychiatric illnesses in the Psychiatry Emergency Department, and Extended Observation Unit at Parkland Hospital. She works alongside residents and medical students to provide clinical teaching, and serves on the Psychiatry Residency Education Committee. In addition to her roles as a clinician and educator, Dr. Kaviani is a psychoanalytic candidate at the Dallas Psychoanalytic Institute. Her interests include psychodynamic, psychoanalytic and supportive psychotherapy, psychiatry education, and improving systems-based care.
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2011)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Psychiatry
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Resident in Psychiatry
University of Texas Southwestern, Adult Psychiatry Residency Program (2015)
- Dallas Psychoanalytic Center (2015)
- American Psychiatric Association (2012)
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (2009)
- North Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (2007)