Dr. Michael Cooper graduated from the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 2008. He completed his pediatrics residency at the University of California Irvine in 2011 and his pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern in 2014. After completing PEM fellowship, he joined the PEM faculty at UT Southwestern and works in the emergency departments at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas and Plano. During the 2019-2020 academic year, Dr. Cooper completed a clinical ultrasound fellowship in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Parkland Memorial Hospital and UT Southwestern. Following fellowship, he became the ultrasound director for the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Medical School
- University of Massachusetts Medical School (2008)
- University of California Irvine Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2014), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Clinical Ultrasound
- Medical Education
- Correlation of Level of Trauma Activation With Emergency Department Intervention.
- Cooper MC, Srivastava G Pediatr Emerg Care 2018 May
- The Evaluation of Trauma Care: The Comparison of 2 High-Level Pediatric Emergency Departments in the United States and Turkey.
- Bal A, Cooper M, Lee A, Anil M, Hennes H Pediatr Emerg Care 2017 Apr
- High-frequency oscillatory ventilation in pediatric acute hypoxemic respiratory failure: disease-specific morbidity survival analysis.
- Babbitt CJ, Cooper MC, Nussbaum E, Liao E, Levine GK, Randhawa IS Lung 2012 Dec 190 6 685-90
Kawasaki Syndrome. In The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, 20th edition, F. Domino, R. Baldor, J. Golding, J. Grimes, J. Taylor, eds.
Cooper MC, Smith RA (2012). Philadelphia, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
Diabetic Ketoacidosis. In Fleisher and Ludwig's 5-Minute PEM Consult 2nd Ed
Cooper M ,Hoffman RJ, Wang VJ (2019). Philadelphia, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 194-195
Honors & Awards
- Fellowship Educator of the Year
UT Southwestern Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship (2019)
- Doctor's Award
University of California, Irvine (2009)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow (2019)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (2019)
- Society of Clinical Ultrasound Fellowships (2019)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)