Dr. Pandey is originally from India and received his initial medical training at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. Drawn by the research and academic opportunities in United States, he completed a post-doctoral training in Nanomedicine at the Brigham and Women Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston. He subsequently completed internal medicine residency and cardiology fellowship training, and Master of Science in Clinical Sciences at UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas. Dr. Pandey brings to UTSW a strong background in general cardiology, epidemiology, and clinical research. He currently specializes in general cardiology with a focus on cardiovascular disease prevention. Dr. Pandey’s interests outside of medicine include his family, cricket, and movies.
- Medical School
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India (2009)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Internal Medicine
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (2017)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Cardiology
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Obesity and Lifestyle Intervention
- Epidemiology of Heart Failure
- Health Policies Impacting Cardiovascular Disease Care
- Outcomes and Disparaties in Care of Patients with Cardiovascular Disease
- Association of Hospital Performance Based on 30-Day Risk-Standardized Mortality Rate With Long-term Survival After Heart Failure Hospitalization: An Analysis of the Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure Registry.
- Pandey A, Patel KV, Liang L, DeVore AD, Matsouaka R, Bhatt DL, Yancy CW, Hernandez AF, Heidenreich PA, de Lemos JA, Fonarow GC JAMA Cardiol 2018 Jun 3 6 489-497
- Sex and Race Differences in Lifetime Risk of Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction and Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction.
- Pandey A, Omar W, Ayers C, LaMonte M, Klein L, Allen NB, Kuller LH, Greenland P, Eaton CB, Gottdiener JS, Lloyd-Jones DM, Berry JD Circulation 2018 Apr 137 17 1814-1823
- Fitness in Young Adulthood and Long-Term Cardiac Structure and Function: The CARDIA Study.
- Pandey A, Allen NB, Ayers C, Reis JP, Moreira HT, Sidney S, Rana JS, Jacobs DR, Chow LS, de Lemos JA, Carnethon M, Berry JD JACC Heart Fail 2017 May 5 5 347-355
- Relationship Between Physical Activity, Body Mass Index, and Risk of Heart Failure.
- Pandey A, LaMonte M, Klein L, Ayers C, Psaty BM, Eaton CB, Allen NB, de Lemos JA, Carnethon M, Greenland P, Berry JD J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2017 Mar 69 9 1129-1142
- Factors Associated With and Prognostic Implications of Cardiac Troponin Elevation in Decompensated Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: Findings From the American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure Program.
- Pandey A, Golwala H, Sheng S, DeVore AD, Hernandez AF, Bhatt DL, Heidenreich PA, Yancy CW, de Lemos JA, Fonarow GC JAMA Cardiol 2017 Feb 2 2 136-145
- Arterial Stiffness and Risk of Overall Heart Failure, Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction, and Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction: The Health ABC Study (Health, Aging, and Body Composition).
- Pandey A, Khan H, Newman AB, Lakatta EG, Forman DE, Butler J, Berry JD Hypertension 2017 02 69 2 267-274
- Association of 30-Day Readmission Metric for Heart Failure Under the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program With Quality of Care and Outcomes.
- Pandey A, Golwala H, Xu H, DeVore AD, Matsouaka R, Pencina M, Kumbhani DJ, Hernandez AF, Bhatt DL, Heidenreich PA, Yancy CW, de Lemos JA, Fonarow GC JACC Heart Fail 2016 Dec 4 12 935-946
- Use of Pulmonary Artery Catheterization in US Patients With Heart Failure, 2001-2012.
- Pandey A, Khera R, Kumar N, Golwala H, Girotra S, Fonarow GC JAMA Intern Med 2016 Jan 176 1 129-32
- Dose Response Relationship Between Physical Activity and Risk of Heart Failure: A Meta-Analysis.
- Pandey A, Garg S, Khunger M, Darden D, Ayers C, Kumbhani DJ, Mayo HG, de Lemos JA, Berry JD Circulation 2015 Oct
- Metabolic Effects of Exercise Training Among Fitness Nonresponsive Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The HART-D Study.
- Pandey A, Swift DL, McGuire DK, Ayers CR, Neeland IJ, Blair SN, Johannsen N, Earnest CP, Berry JD, Church TS Diabetes Care 2015 Jun
Honors & Awards
- Award for Excellence in Research Addressing Cardiovascular Health Equity
American Heart Association (2018)
- Clinical Scholar Award
Texas Health Resources (2017)
- Northwestern Cardiovascular Young Investigators Forum Award for Clinical Research
- Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health Young Investigator Award
American Heart Association (2016)
- Jay D. Coffman Early Career Investigator Award
American Heart Association (2015)
- Get With The Guidelines - HF Young Investigator Research Grant Award
American Heart Association (2014)
- American Heart Association (2018)
- American College of Cardiology (2014)