Dr. Chang is originally from South Texas and obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Cell Biology from Rice University before receiving his Medical Doctorate at UT Southwestern. Subsequently, Dr. Chang completed his residency at Indiana University prior to rejoining UTSW in the Hospitalist Division at Parkland. On his return, Dr. Chang brings a strong background in inpatient oriented care including quality improvement and patient safety as well as interest in population health. His interests outside of medicine include travel, outdoor activities, basketball, and good food.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2015)
- Indiana University School of Medicine (2018), Internal Medicine
- Bilateral Asymmetrical Asterixis as Limb-shaking Transient Ischemic Attack in Bilateral Carotid Stenosis.
- Khan S, Chang E, Saniuk G, Shang T J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2015 Jan 24 1 e29-30
Honors & Awards
- Competitive Scholar Award
UT Southwestern Foundation (2011-2015)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2018)
- Texas Medical Association (2018)
- American College of Physicians (2015)
- American Medical Association (2015)