Originally from Corpus Christi, Dr. Chang holds a bachelor's degree in biochemistry and cell biology from Rice University in Houston. He earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He completed internal medicine residency training at Indiana University in Indianapolis.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Chang joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
Dr. Chang is the Assistant Medical Director of Clinical Operations at UT Southwestern, as well as Chair of the IT Committee, Chair of the Surgery-Medicine User Group at Parkland, and a member of the Enterprise User Group at Parkland.
Dr. Chang is a member of the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
Dr. Chang's interests outside of medicine include travel, outdoor activities, basketball, and good food.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2015)
- Indiana University School of Medicine (2018), Internal Medicine
- Bilateral Asymmetrical Asterixis as Limb-shaking Transient Ischemic Attack in Bilateral Carotid Stenosis.
- Khan S, Chang E, Saniuk G, Shang T J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2015 Jan 24 1 e29-30
Honors & Awards
- Competitive Scholar Award
UT Southwestern Foundation (2011-2015)
- American College of Physicians (2015)
- American Medical Association (2015)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2018)