Dr. Qin is originally from Houston, Texas. She earned her undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences and Asian Studies at Rice University and earned her medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine. She completed her residency in internal medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital and gained advanced training through a hematology and medical oncology fellowship at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Dr. Qin brings to UTSW a strong background in genitourinary malignancies. Her specialization includes kidney, prostate, bladder, and testicular cancers. She decided to join UTSW to take part in the multidisciplinary, patient-centered care and the robust research programs available at UTSW. Dr. Qin’s research interests include novel biomarkers, therapeutics, and therapeutic combinations in genitourinary cancers, particularly in the context of clinical trials. Her clinical practice emphasizes a team-oriented and comprehensive approach to patient care. She hopes to guide patients as a partner and an advocate in their treatment journey.
Dr. Qin’s interests outside of medicine include her family, interior design, and the great outdoors.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2015)
- Houston Methodist Hospital (2016)
- Houston Methodist Hospital (2018), Internal Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (2021), Hematology Oncology
- Industy and Cooperative Group-sponsored Trials in Genitourinary Oncology
- Investigator-initiated Clinical Trials in Genitourinary Oncology
- Novel Biomarkers, Therapeutics, and Therapeutic Combinations in Genitourinary Oncology
- Care disruptions among patients with lung cancer: A COVID-19 and cancer outcomes study.
- Bhalla S, Bakouny Z, Schmidt AL, Labaki C, Steinharter JA, Tremblay DA, Awad MM, Kessler AJ, Haddad RI, Evans M, Busser F, Wotman M, Curran CR, Zimmerman BS, Bouchard G, Jun T, Nuzzo PV, Qin Q, Hirsch L, Feld J, Kelleher KM, Seidman D, Huang HH, Anderson-Keightly HM, El Zarif T, Abou Alaiwi S, Rosenbloom TD, Stewart PS, Galsky MD, Choueiri TK, Doroshow DB, Lung Cancer 2021 Jul 160 78-83
- Characterizing Prostate-Specific Antigen Levels at Death in Patients with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Are We Underutilizing Imaging?
- Bikkasani K, Qin Q, Zhong X, Lin J, Galsky MD, Oh WK, Tsao CK, Clin Genitourin Cancer 2021 Apr
- Risk Factors for Emergency Room and Hospital Care Among Patients With Solid Tumors on Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy.
- Parikh AB, Zhong X, Mellgard G, Qin Q, Patel VG, Wang B, Alerasool P, Garcia P, Leiter A, Gallagher EJ, Clinton S, Mortazavi A, Monk P, Folefac E, Yin M, Yang Y, Galsky M, Oh WK, Tsao CK, Am J Clin Oncol 2021 03 44 3 114-120
- Cancer Care Disparities during the COVID-19 Pandemic: COVID-19 and Cancer Outcomes Study.
- Schmidt AL, Bakouny Z, Bhalla S, Steinharter JA, Tremblay DA, Awad MM, Kessler AJ, Haddad RI, Evans M, Busser F, Wotman M, Curran CR, Zimmerman BS, Bouchard G, Jun T, Nuzzo PV, Qin Q, Hirsch L, Feld J, Kelleher KM, Seidman D, Huang HH, Anderson-Keightly HM, Abou Alaiwi S, Rosenbloom TD, Stewart PS, Galsky MD, Choueiri TK, Doroshow DB, Cancer Cell 2020 Dec 38 6 769-770
- Admission D-dimer levels, D-dimer trends, and outcomes in COVID-19.
- Naymagon L, Zubizarreta N, Feld J, van Gerwen M, Alsen M, Thibaud S, Kessler A, Venugopal S, Makki I, Qin Q, Dharmapuri S, Jun T, Bhalla S, Berwick S, Christian K, Mascarenhas J, Dembitzer F, Moshier E, Tremblay D, Thromb Res 2020 12 196 99-105
- Impact of anticoagulation prior to COVID-19 infection: a propensity score-matched cohort study.
- Tremblay D, van Gerwen M, Alsen M, Thibaud S, Kessler A, Venugopal S, Makki I, Qin Q, Dharmapuri S, Jun T, Bhalla S, Berwick S, Feld J, Mascarenhas J, Troy K, Cromwell C, Dunn A, Oh WK, Naymagon L, Blood 2020 Jul 136 1 144-147
- Urothelial carcinoma: the development of FGFR inhibitors in combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Qin Q, Patel V, Galsky MD, Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 2020 06 20 6 503-512
- Complete Local and Abscopal Responses from a Combination of Radiation and Nivolumab in Refractory Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
- Qin Q, Nan X, Miller T, Fisher R, Teh B, Pandita S, Farach AM, Pingali SR, Pandita RK, Butler EB, Pandita TK, Iyer SP Radiat. Res. 2018 Jun
- Leukapheresis reduces 4-week mortality in acute myeloid leukemia patients with hyperleukocytosis - a retrospective study from a tertiary center.
- Nan X, Qin Q, Gentille C, Ensor J, Leveque C, Pingali SR, Phan AT, Rice L, Iyer S Leuk. Lymphoma 2017 Jan 1-11
- Normal and disease-related biological functions of Twist1 and underlying molecular mechanisms.
- Qin Q, Xu Y, He T, Qin C, Xu J, Cell Res 2012 Jan 22 1 90-106
- American Medical Association (2018)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2018)
- American Society of Hematology (2016)