Shunxing Rong obtained his Bachelor and master degrees from Fudan University, School of Public Health (former Shanghai Medical University) in 2002 and 2005, respectively. He received his Ph.D from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in 2010.
Dr. Rong did his postdoctoral training in Dr. Jay Horton laboratory at UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011-2017). After that Dr. Rong was appointed as an assistant professor in the Center for Human Nutrition and Department of Molecular Genetics.
- Fudan University (2002), Medicine
- Graduate School
- Fudan University (2005), Public Health
- Graduate School
- Wake Forest Univ - Undergradua (2010), Pathology
- Cholesterol and fatty acid homeostasis
- Obesity and diabetes
- Cholesterol auxotrophy and intolerance to ezetimibe in mice with SREBP-2 deficiency in the intestine.
- Rong S, McDonald J, Engelking L J. Lipid Res. 2017 Jun
- Expression of SREBP-1c requires SREBP-2-mediated generation of a sterol ligand for LXR in livers of mice.
- Rong S, Cortés VA, Rashid S, Anderson NN, McDonald JG, Liang G, Moon YA, Hammer RE, Horton JD Elife 2017 Feb 6
- CCC- and WASH-mediated endosomal sorting of LDLR is required for normal clearance of circulating LDL.
- Bartuzi P, Billadeau DD, Favier R, Rong S, Dekker D, Fedoseienko A, Fieten H, Wijers M, Levels JH, Huijkman N, Kloosterhuis N, van der Molen H, Brufau G, Groen AK, Elliott AM, Kuivenhoven JA, Plecko B, Grangl G, McGaughran J, Horton JD, Burstein E, Hofker MH, van de Sluis B Nat Commun 2016 Mar 7 10961
- Histone deacetylase 9 represses cholesterol efflux and alternatively activated macrophages in atherosclerosis development.
- Cao Q, Rong S, Repa JJ, St Clair R, Parks JS, Mishra N Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2014 Sep 34 9 1871-9
- Leptin ameliorates insulin resistance and hepatic steatosis in Agpat2-/- lipodystrophic mice independent of hepatocyte leptin receptors.
- Cortés VA, Cautivo KM, Rong S, Garg A, Horton JD, Agarwal AK J. Lipid Res. 2014 Feb 55 2 276-88
- Omega-3 fatty acids ameliorate atherosclerosis by favorably altering monocyte subsets and limiting monocyte recruitment to aortic lesions.
- Brown AL, Zhu X, Rong S, Shewale S, Seo J, Boudyguina E, Gebre AK, Alexander-Miller MA, Parks JS Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2012 Sep 32 9 2122-30
- Macrophage 12/15 lipoxygenase expression increases plasma and hepatic lipid levels and exacerbates atherosclerosis.
- Rong S, Cao Q, Liu M, Seo J, Jia L, Boudyguina E, Gebre AK, Colvin PL, Smith TL, Murphy RC, Mishra N, Parks JS J. Lipid Res. 2012 Apr 53 4 686-95
- Niemann-Pick C1-Like 1 deletion in mice prevents high-fat diet-induced fatty liver by reducing lipogenesis.
- Jia L, Ma Y, Rong S, Betters JL, Xie P, Chung S, Wang N, Tang W, Yu L J. Lipid Res. 2010 Nov 51 11 3135-44
- Targeted deletion of hepatocyte ABCA1 leads to very low density lipoprotein triglyceride overproduction and low density lipoprotein hypercatabolism.
- Chung S, Timmins JM, Duong M, Degirolamo C, Rong S, Sawyer JK, Singaraja RR, Hayden MR, Maeda N, Rudel LL, Shelness GS, Parks JS J. Biol. Chem. 2010 Apr 285 16 12197-209
- Alternative splicing attenuates transgenic expression directed by the apolipoprotein E promoter-enhancer based expression vector pLIV11.
- Cheng D, MacArthur PS, Rong S, Parks JS, Shelness GS J. Lipid Res. 2010 Apr 51 4 849-55