Dr. Christopher Stutz joined the Hand Service at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in March of 2015. He is originally from Wichita Falls, Texas and attended medical school at University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical Center, where he earned his MD in May of 2005. Dr. Stutz then completed his general surgery internship, as well as his Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He completed a one-year Hand and Microvascular Surgery Fellowship in the Department of Orthopaedics through Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri from August 2010 through July 2011. He then completed a six-month Congenital Hand Surgery Fellowship with our Hand Service here at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children from August 2011 through January 2012. Dr. Stutz was on staff at Vanderbilt University Medical Center until he came back to Texas Scottish Rite Hospital full-time in 2015. He is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Stutz is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), a candidate member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS), a member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North American (POSNA), the American Medical Association (AMA), the Texas Medical Association (TMA), the Southern Orthopaedic Association (SOA) and the Dallas County Medical Society (DCMS).
- "On-Top Plasty" for Radial Polydactyly Reconstruction.
- Bell B, Butler L, Mills J, Stutz C, Ezaki M, Oishi S, J Hand Surg Am 2017 Sep 42 9 753.e1-753.e6
- Internal Rotation Stress Testing Improves Radiographic Outcomes of Type 3 Supracondylar Humerus Fractures.
- Bauer JM, Stutz CM, Schoenecker JG, Lovejoy SA, Mencio GA, Martus JE J Pediatr Orthop 2016 Dec
- Radiation Exposure During Operative Fixation of Pediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: Is Lead Shielding Necessary?
- Martus JE, Hilmes MA, Grice JV, Stutz CM, Schoenecker JG, Lovejoy SA, Mencio GA J Pediatr Orthop 2016 Jun
- Radial to axillary nerve neurotization for brachial plexus injury in children: a combined case series.
- Zuckerman SL, Eli IM, Shah MN, Bradley N, Stutz CM, Park TS, Wellons JC J Neurosurg Pediatr 2014 Nov 14 5 518-26
- The temporal and spatial development of vascularity in a healing displaced fracture.
- Yuasa M, Mignemi NA, Barnett JV, Cates JM, Nyman JS, Okawa A, Yoshii T, Schwartz HS, Stutz CM, Schoenecker JG Bone 2014 Oct 67 208-21
- Long-term outcomes following radial polydactyly reconstruction.
- Stutz C, Mills J, Wheeler L, Ezaki M, Oishi S J Hand Surg Am 2014 Aug 39 8 1549-52
- Medial approach for drainage of the obturator musculature in children.
- Menge TJ, Cole HA, Mignemi ME, Corn WC, Martus JE, Lovejoy SA, Stutz CM, Mencio GA, Schoenecker JG J Pediatr Orthop 2014 Apr-May 34 3 307-15
Brachial Plexus Palsy - Pediatric. In Hand Surgery Update VI
Stutz C, Oishi S, Ezaki M (2016). Chicago, ASSH
Radial Longitudinal Deficiency: Radius Hypoplasia. In Congenital Anomalies of the Upper Extremity: Etiology and Management
Stutz C, Oishi S. (2015). New York, Springer
Pediatric supracondylar humerus fractures. In Elbow Trauma: A Master Skills Publication
Lee D, Stutz CM (2015). Chicago, ASSH
Nerve and arterial injuries about the elbow. In Elbow Trauma: A Master Skills Publication
Snoddy M, Stutz CM (2015). Chicago, ASSH
Fractures of the forearm, hand, and wrist. In Green's Skeletal Trauma in Children - 5th Edition
Stutz CM, Waters P. (2015). Philadelphia, Elsevier Saunders
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Senior School Clerkship Honors
- Kathy Cramer Resident Research Award
- Orthopedic Trauma Association Outstanding PGY-3 Teaching Resident
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (2015)
- American Medical Association (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2015)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Member (2010)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (2010)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2010)
- Southern Orthopaedic Association (2010)