Dr. Christopher Stutz joined the Hand Service at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in March of 2015. He is originally from Wichita Falls, Texas and attended medical school at University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical Center, where he earned his MD in May of 2005. Dr. Stutz then completed his general surgery internship, as well as his Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He completed a one-year Hand and Microvascular Surgery Fellowship in the Department of Orthopaedics through Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri from August 2010 through July 2011. He then completed a six-month Congenital Hand Surgery Fellowship with our Hand Service here at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children from August 2011 through January 2012. Dr. Stutz was on staff at Vanderbilt University Medical Center until he came back to Texas Scottish Rite Hospital full-time in 2015. He is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Stutz is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), a candidate member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS), a member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North American (POSNA), the American Medical Association (AMA), the Texas Medical Association (TMA), the Southern Orthopaedic Association (SOA) and the Dallas County Medical Society (DCMS).
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2005)
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2006), General Surgery
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2010), Orthopedic Surgery
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine (2011), Hand Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (2012), Hand & Upper Extremity
- Surgical Technique: Closed Reduction and Percutaneous Pinning of Posterolaterally Displaced Supracondylar Humerus Fractures.
- Prusick VW, Gibian JT, Ross KE, Moore-Lotridge SN, Rees AB, Mencio GA, Stutz CM, Schoenecker JG, J Orthop Trauma 2021 03 35 3 e108-e115
- Morbidity of Nerve Transfers for Brachial Plexus Birth Injury: A Systematic Review.
- Hinchcliff KM, Pulos N, Shin AY, Stutz C, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 Feb 41 2 e188-e198
- Long-Term Outcomes Following Vickers Ligament Release and Growth Modulation for the Treatment of Madelung Deformity.
- Del Core M, Beckwith T, Phillips L, Ezaki M, Stutz C, Oishi SN, J Pediatr Orthop 2020 Feb
- Treatment and outcomes of arthrogryposis in the upper extremity.
- Oishi S, Agranovich O, Zlotolow D, Wall L, Stutz C, Pajardi G, Novelli C, Abdel Ghani H, Jester A, Vuillermin C, James M, Manske MC, Beckwith T, Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 2019 Sep 181 3 363-371
- Elbow Release and Tricepsplasty in Arthrogrypotic Patients: A Long-Term Follow-Up Study.
- Cao J, Stutz C, Beckwith T, Browning A, Mills J, Oishi SN, J Hand Surg Am 2019 Sep
- Posttraumatic Proximal Radioulnar Synostosis after Closed Reduction for a Radial Neck and Olecranon Fracture.
- Keller PR, Cole HA, Stutz CM, Schoenecker JG Case Rep Orthop 2018 2018 5131639
- Intra-articular Monteggia Fracture: A Case Study of Using the Center of Rotational Angulation to Improve a Functional Outcome.
- Posey SL, Cole HA, Halverson S, Stutz C, Schoenecker JG, J Orthop Case Rep 2018 8 6 27-30
- "On-Top Plasty" for Radial Polydactyly Reconstruction.
- Bell B, Butler L, Mills J, Stutz C, Ezaki M, Oishi S, J Hand Surg Am 2017 Sep 42 9 753.e1-753.e6
- Internal Rotation Stress Testing Improves Radiographic Outcomes of Type 3 Supracondylar Humerus Fractures.
- Bauer JM, Stutz CM, Schoenecker JG, Lovejoy SA, Mencio GA, Martus JE J Pediatr Orthop 2016 Dec
- Radiation Exposure During Operative Fixation of Pediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: Is Lead Shielding Necessary?
- Martus JE, Hilmes MA, Grice JV, Stutz CM, Schoenecker JG, Lovejoy SA, Mencio GA J Pediatr Orthop 2016 Jun
Brachial Plexus Palsy - Pediatric. In Hand Surgery Update VI
Stutz C, Oishi S, Ezaki M (2016). Chicago, ASSH
Radial Longitudinal Deficiency: Radius Hypoplasia. In Congenital Anomalies of the Upper Extremity: Etiology and Management
Stutz C, Oishi S. (2015). New York, Springer
Pediatric supracondylar humerus fractures. In Elbow Trauma: A Master Skills Publication
Lee D, Stutz CM (2015). Chicago, ASSH
Nerve and arterial injuries about the elbow. In Elbow Trauma: A Master Skills Publication
Snoddy M, Stutz CM (2015). Chicago, ASSH
Fractures of the forearm, hand, and wrist. In Green's Skeletal Trauma in Children - 5th Edition
Stutz CM, Waters P. (2015). Philadelphia, Elsevier Saunders
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Senior School Clerkship Honors
- Kathy Cramer Resident Research Award
- Orthopedic Trauma Association Outstanding PGY-3 Teaching Resident
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (2015)
- American Medical Association (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2015)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Member (2010)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (2010)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2010)
- Southern Orthopaedic Association (2010)