Dr. Lan Peng is an Associate Professor of Pathology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and is board-certified in anatomic pathology. Dr. Peng completed her residency in pathology at New York University, held an oncological pathology fellowship at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, and a subspecialized Liver and Gastrointestinal pathology fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. Dr. Peng spent two years as an Assistant Professor with the University of Massachusetts Medical School before joining UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2011. Dr. Peng’s clinical interests and expertise include neoplastic and non-neoplastic liver, pancreas and gastrointestinal pathology, and liver transplant pathology. She has published papers in a wide range of GI and hepatic pathology topics. Dr. Peng served as the GI and Liver Pathology Group Leader from 2013 to 2022, and the director and co-director for Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology fellowship program from 2012 to 2022. She currently signs out liver, pancreas, appendix and gastrointestinal pathology.
- Medical School
- Hunan Medical College (1992)
- New York University Hospital (2007), Pathology
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (2008), Surgical Pathology
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (2009), Liver & Gi Pathology
- Chronic Use of Proton Pump Inhibitors Is Associated With an Increased Risk of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Colitis in Renal Cell Carcinoma.
- Yin J, Elias R, Peng L, Levonyak N, Asokan A, Christie A, Kubiliun N, Brugarolas J, Hammers HJ, Clin Genitourin Cancer 2022 Feb
- GATA3 positivity is associated with poor prognosis in patients with oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma.
- Chi Z, Balani J, Gopal P, Hammer S, Xu J, Peng L, J Clin Pathol 2022 Jan
- Characterization of Desmoglein 3 (DSG3) as a Sensitive and Specific Marker for Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- Chi Z, Balani J, Gopal P, Hammer S, Lewis CM, Peng L, Gastroenterol Res Pract 2022 2022 2220940
- Variations of P40 and P63 Immunostains in Different Grades of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Potential Diagnostic Pitfall.
- Chi Z, Balani J, Gopal P, Peng L, Hammer S, Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2021 May
- Deep learning model for the prediction of microsatellite instability in colorectal cancer: a diagnostic study.
- Yamashita R, Long J, Longacre T, Peng L, Berry G, Martin B, Higgins J, Rubin DL, Shen J, Lancet Oncol 2021 01 22 1 132-141
- Dietary simple sugars alter microbial ecology in the gut and promote colitis in mice.
- Khan S, Waliullah S, Godfrey V, Khan MAW, Ramachandran RA, Cantarel BL, Behrendt C, Peng L, Hooper LV, Zaki H, Sci Transl Med 2020 Oct 12 567
- NLRP12 suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma via downregulation of cJun N-terminal kinase activation in the hepatocyte.
- Udden SN, Kwak YT, Godfrey V, Khan MAW, Khan S, Loof N, Peng L, Zhu H, Zaki H, Elife 2019 Apr 8
- restrains pancreatic neoplasia formation.
- Wang SC, Nassour I, Xiao S, Zhang S, Luo X, Lee J, Li L, Sun X, Nguyen LH, Chuang JC, Peng L, Daigle S, Shen J, Zhu H Gut 2018 Oct
- Herpes Simplex Virus-Associated Acute Liver Failure Often Goes Unrecognized.
- Little L, Rule J, Peng L, Gottfried M, Lee WM Hepatology 2018 Aug
- Multiple Admissions for Acetaminophen (APAP) Overdose: APAP Frequent Fliers, a New Entity?
- Yang E, Peng L, Lee WM Hepatology 2018 Apr
Targeted gene repair in mammalian cells using chimerical Oligonucleotides.. In Genetic Engineering: Principles and Methods
Kmiec EB, Ye S and Peng L (2001). New York, USA, Springer