Dr. Ford has been practicing audiology in the State of Texas for thirty nine years. She earned a degree of Doctor of Audiology from A.T. Still University of Health Sciences/Arizona School of Health Sciences . She attended Southern Methodist University for her undergraduate and graduate school training. While there Dr. Ford earned two degrees: a Bachelor of Science in Speech Pathology and a Master of Science in Audiology. Following a clinical fellowship at the Medical Center in Tyler, Texas, she returned to the local area to practice audiology at Baylor Hospital, The Callier Center for Communication Disorders and Children’s Medical Center at Dallas.
In September 1992, Dr. Ford accepted a position as faculty associate in audiology at UT Southwestern. Her current practice includes providing audiological and vestibular services to patients ranging from newborns to geriatrics. Although Dr. Ford has considerable knowledge and experience in all facets of audiology, her main area of expertise is in pediatric audiology, specifically, electrophysiological audiological assessments.
- Undergraduate School
- Southern Methodist University (1977), Speech-language Pathology
- Graduate School
- Southern Methodist University (1978), Audiology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine (2009), Audiology
- American Academy of Audiology (1998)
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association (1978)