- Fudan University (1999), Microbiology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Austin (2006), Molecular Biology
- Autoimmune diseases
- Cancer immunology
- Host pathogen interactions
- Innate immunity
- Homeostatic regulation of STING protein at the resting state by stabilizer TOLLIP.
- Pokatayev V, Yang K, Tu X, Dobbs N, Wu J, Kalb RG, Yan N, Nat. Immunol. 2020 Jan
- A bioactive mammalian disaccharide associated with autoimmunity activates STING-TBK1-dependent immune response.
- Fermaintt CS, Sano K, Liu Z, Ishii N, Seino J, Dobbs N, Suzuki T, Fu YX, Lehrman MA, Matsuo I, Yan N, Nat Commun 2019 May 10 1 2377
- STING-mediated disruption of calcium homeostasis chronically activates ER stress and primes T cell death.
- Wu J, Chen YJ, Dobbs N, Sakai T, Liou J, Miner JJ, Yan N J. Exp. Med. 2019 Mar
- Mammalian STT3A/B oligosaccharyltransferases segregate N-glycosylation at the translocon from lipid-linked oligosaccharide hydrolysis.
- Lu H, Fermaintt CS, Cherepanova NA, Gilmore R, Yan N, Lehrman MA Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2018 Sep
- N-glycanase NGLY1 regulates mitochondrial homeostasis and inflammation through NRF1.
- Yang K, Huang R, Fujihira H, Suzuki T, Yan N J. Exp. Med. 2018 Aug
- Co-circulation dynamics and persistence of newly introduced clades of 2012 outbreak associated West Nile Virus in Texas, 2012-2015.
- Aroh C, Liang C, Raj P, Wakeland B, Yan N, Wakeland E Infect. Genet. Evol. 2018 Aug
- Trafficking-Mediated STING Degradation Requires Sorting to Acidified Endolysosomes and Can Be Targeted to Enhance Anti-tumor Response.
- Gonugunta VK, Sakai T, Pokatayev V, Yang K, Wu J, Dobbs N, Yan N Cell Rep 2017 Dec 21 11 3234-3242
- Innate Immune Activation by cGMP-AMP Nanoparticles Leads to Potent and Long-Acting Antiretroviral Response against HIV-1.
- Aroh C, Wang Z, Dobbs N, Luo M, Chen Z, Gao J, Yan N J. Immunol. 2017 Oct
- STING-associated vasculopathy develops independently of IRF3 in mice.
- Warner JD, Irizarry-Caro RA, Bennion BG, Ai TL, Smith AM, Miner CA, Sakai T, Gonugunta VK, Wu J, Platt DJ, Yan N, Miner JJ J. Exp. Med. 2017 Sep
- Immune Diseases Associated with TREX1 and STING Dysfunction.
- Yan N J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 2017 May 37 5 198-206
Honors & Awards
- Burroughs Wellcome PATH Investigator
- Endowed Scholar Award, UTSW
- NIAID Career Development Award
- Young Investigator Award, CORI
- Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) Scholar Award