Brandon Ramo, M.D., is the Medical Director of Ambulatory Care at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and is an associate professor at the UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of Georgia, his medical education at Washington University, and attended Vanderbilt University for his internship and residency. Ramo completed a fellowship in pediatric orthopedics at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.
- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2005)
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2006), General Surgery
- Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Institute (2010), Orthopedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital GME (2011), Orthopaedics
- Charge Analysis of Closed Femur Fractures in 3-6 Year-Olds Treated with Spica Cast vs. Intramedullary Fixation
- Robert Lewis, Omar Hariri, Marilyn Eliott, Brandon Ramo J Ped Orthop. 2019; 39(2): el 14-el 19 2019
- Radiographic, Pulmonary, and Clinical Outcomes with Halo Gravity Traction
- Lauren Lamont, ChanHee Jo, Sarah Molinari, Dong-Phuong Tran, Heather Caine, Kaitlyn Brown, Gwendolyn Wittenbrook, Peter Schochet, Charles Johnston, Brandon Ramo Spine Deformity 2019 u 40-46
- Minimally Displaced Humeral Lateral Condyle Fractures: Immobilize or Operate When Stability is Unclear?
- Greenhill DA, Funk S, Elliot M, Jo CH, Ramo BA J Pediatr Orthop 2018 Dec
- Prevention of hip dysplasia in children and adults.
- Price CT, Ramo BA Orthop. Clin. North Am. 2012 Jul 43 3 269-79
- Repeat surgical interventions following "definitive" instrumentation and fusion for idiopathic scoliosis: five-year update on a previously published cohort.
- Ramo BA, Richards BS Spine 2012 Jun 37 14 1211-7
- Incidence of symptomatic venous thromboembolism in oncologic patients undergoing lower-extremity endoprosthetic arthroplasty.
- Ramo BA, Griffin AM, Gill CS, McDonald DJ, Wunder JS, Ferguson P, Bell RS, Phillips SE, Schwartz HS, Holt GE J Bone Joint Surg Am 2011 May 93 9 847-54
- Case reports: Osteosarcoma without radiographic evidence of tumor.
- Ramo BA, Kyriakos M, McDonald DJ Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2006 Jan 442 267-72
Honors & Awards
- Angela S. M. Kuo Award, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America Grant, 2018 Recipient for Health Related Quality of Life Outcomes in Patients with Early Onset Scoliosis.
- The T. Boone Pickens Annual Fellows Spine Research Award
- American Board of Orthopaedics Surgeons Certification (2007)
- AO North America Basic Principles and Techniques of Operative Fracture Management (2007)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Scoliosis Research Society