Brandon Ramo, M.D., is the Medical Director of Ambulatory Care at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and is an associate professor at the UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of Georgia, his medical education at Washington University, and attended Vanderbilt University for his internship and residency. Ramo completed a fellowship in pediatric orthopedics at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.
- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2005)
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2006), General Surgery
- Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Institute (2010), Orthopedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital GME (2011), Orthopaedics
- Coaching and Surgical Performance.
- Bellaire L, Ramo BA, Tolo VT, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 May-Jun 01 42 Suppl 1 S29-S31
- Mortality in Neuromuscular Early Onset Scoliosis Following Spinal Deformity Surgery.
- Matsumoto H, Fano AN, Herman ET, Snyder B, Roye BD, Cahill P, Ramo B, Sponseller P, Vitale MG, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Mar 42 3 e234-e241
- Prioritizing Elective Surgical Cases During a Pandemic or Global Crisis: The Elective-Pediatric Orthopedic Surgical Timing (E-POST) Score.
- Truong WH, Ramo B, Birch C, Dodwell E, Johnson M, Lebel DE, McIntosh A, Miller D, Snyder A, Sturm P, Guillaume T, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Feb
- Surgical Outcomes of Obese Patients With Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis From Endemic Areas of Obesity in the United States.
- McDonald TC, Heffernan MJ, Ramo B, Haber L, Sheffer B, Murphy J, Murphy R, Fletcher N, Coyne K, Lubicky J, Bumpass DB, Crawford C, Carreon L, Toner S, Stafford WH, Poppino K, Adams T, Song BM, Gidwani S, Taillac H, Cornaghie M, Sukkarieh H, Wright PB, Conklin M, Gilbert S, Thimothee J, Bhanat E, Brooks JT, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 Aug
- Outcomes and Complications in Management of Congenital Myopathy Early-Onset Scoliosis.
- Magee L, Bram JT, Anari JB, Ramo B, Mayer OH, Matsumoto H, Brooks JT, Andras L, Lark R, Fitzgerald R, Truong W, Li Y, Karlin L, Schwend R, Weinstein S, Roye D, Snyder B, Flynn JM, Oetgen M, Smith J, Cahill PJ, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 Jul
- Growth-friendly surgery results in more growth but a higher complication rate and unplanned returns to the operating room compared to single fusion in neuromuscular early-onset scoliosis: a multicenter retrospective cohort study.
- Li Y, Swallow J, Gagnier J, Cahill PJ, Sponseller PD, Garg S, Thompson GH, Ramo BA, Spine Deform 2021 May 9 3 851-858
- Effect of Etiology, Radiographic Severity, and Comorbidities on Baseline Parent-Reported Health Measures for Children with Early-Onset Scoliosis.
- Ramo BA, McClung A, Jo CH, Sanders JO, Yaszay B, Oetgen ME, J Bone Joint Surg Am 2021 05 103 9 803-811
- Low BMI (10th percentile) increases complications and readmissions after posterior spinal fusion in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
- Farahani F, Riccio AI, Ramo BA, Spine Deform 2021 Apr
- Response to: The Song Classification Is Reliable and Guides Prognosis and Treatment for Pediatric Lateral Condyle Fractures: An Independent Validation Study With Treatment Algorithm.
- Ramo BA, Funk SS, Elliot ME, Jo CH, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 03 41 3 e301-e302
- Diagnostic yield and clinical impact of exome sequencing in early-onset scoliosis (EOS).
- Zhao S, Zhang Y, Chen W, Li W, Wang S, Wang L, Zhao Y, Lin M, Ye Y, Lin J, Zheng Y, Liu J, Zhao H, Yan Z, Yang Y, Huang Y, Lin G, Chen Z, Zhang Z, Liu S, Jin L, Wang Z, Chen J, Niu Y, Li X, Wu Y, Wang Y, Du R, Gao N, Zhao H, Yang Y, Liu Y, Tian Y, Li W, Zhao Y, Liu J, Yu B, Zhang N, Yu K, Yang X, Li S, Xu Y, Hu J, Liu Z, Shen J, Zhang S, Su J, Khanshour AM, Kidane YH, Ramo B, Rios JJ, Liu P, Sutton VR, Posey JE, Wu Z, Qiu G, Wise CA, Zhang F, Lupski JR, Zhang J, Wu N, J Med Genet 2021 Jan 58 1 41-47
Honors & Awards
- Angela S. M. Kuo Award, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America Grant, 2018 Recipient for Health Related Quality of Life Outcomes in Patients with Early Onset Scoliosis.
- The T. Boone Pickens Annual Fellows Spine Research Award
- American Board of Orthopaedics Surgeons Certification (2007)
- AO North America Basic Principles and Techniques of Operative Fracture Management (2007)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Scoliosis Research Society