Dr. Samaiya Mushtaq is an attending psychiatrist accomplished in designing innovative skills-based educational programming on wellness and spirituality, with experience teaching to local Muslim communities, corporations, and medical students. She has a broad range of clinical training in inpatient, outpatient, consult, and emergency settings with diverse patient populations.
- Medical School
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2015)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Psychiatry
- Bringing Psychiatry into the Mosque: Analysis of a Community Psycho-education Intervention
- Mushtaq S, Ayvaci E, Hashimi M, North CS Journal of Psychiatric Practice 2020 (in press)
- Paediatric ED BiPAP continuous quality improvement programme with patient analysis: 2005-2013.
- Abramo T, Williams A, Mushtaq S, Meredith M, Sepaule R, Crossman K, Burney Jones C, Godbold S, Hu Z, Nick T, BMJ Open 2017 01 7 1 e011845
- Scientology and Involuntary Commitment: A Case Report
- Bershader R, Mushtaq BS, Saxena A The American Journal of Psychiatry Residents? Journal 2014 9 6 13-14
- Utility of postoperative radiographs for cervical spine fusion: a comprehensive evaluation of operative technique, surgical indication, and duration since surgery.
- Shau DN, Bible JE, Samade R, Gadomski SP, Mushtaq B, Wallace A, McGirt MJ, O'Neill KR, Devin CJ, Spine 2012 Nov 37 24 1994-2000
Understanding the Effects of Islamophobia on Clinicians. In Islamophobia and Psychiatry: Recognition, Prevention, and Treatment
Mushtaq S, Bhatti S (2019). New York, Springer
Information Displays and Ergonomics. In Monitoring Technologies in Acute Care Environments
Mushtaq BS, Dexheimer JW, Anders S (2014). New York, Springer
Honors & Awards
- George Ginsberg Fellowship, American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training
Awarded to five residents in the U.S. for excellence and accomplishments in education and teaching (2019)
- M. Naziruddin Ali Award for Excellence
Muslim Student Association National award given to one individual for academic excellence and service to the North American Muslim community (2011)