Dr. Matchett is board-certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in anesthesiology (2010) and pain medicine (2011). He is principal investigator of the EvK Clinical Trial (www.evktrial.org), Etomidate versus Ketamine for Emergency Endotracheal Intubation: A Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Medical School
- New York University School of Medicine (2004)
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine (2005), General Surgery
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine (2006), Neurophysiology
- Loma Linda University Medical Center (2009), Anesthesiology
- Stanford University Pain Management Center (2010), Pain Management
- Measuring the Cost and Effect of Current Community Consultation and Public Disclosure Techniques in Emergency Care Research.
- Matchett G, Ryan TJ, Sunna MC, Lee SC, Pepe PE Resuscitation 2018 Apr
- Use of a Tilting Orthopedic Fracture Table to Facilitate Proper Patient Positioning During Intrathecal Neurolysis With Hyperbaric Phenol: A Case Report.
- Loo NH, Matchett G A A Case Rep 2017 May
- Intercostal Nerve Block and Neurolysis for Intractable Cancer Pain.
- Matchett G J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 2016 Apr 1-4
- How Drug Shortages Affect Clinical Care: The Case of the Surgical Anesthetic Propofol.
- Romito B, Stone J, Ning N, Yin C, Llano EM, Liu J, Somanath K, Lee CT, Matchett G Hosp Pharm 2015 Oct 50 9 798-805
- General anesthesia suppresses normal heart rate variability in humans.
- Matchett G, Wood P Chaos 2014 Jun 24 2 023129
- Intercostal administration of liposomal bupivacaine as a prognostic nerve block prior to phenol neurolysis for intractable chest wall pain.
- Yin C, Matchett G J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 2014 Mar 28 1 33-6
- Combined ultrasound and fluoroscopic guidance for radiofrequency ablation of the obturator nerve for intractable cancer-associated hip pain.
- Stone J, Matchett G Pain Physician 2014 Jan-Feb 17 1 E83-7
- Using pulsed radiofrequency ablation to treat pain associated with a tumor involving the brachial plexus.
- Rana H, Matchett G Pain Physician 2013 May-Jun 16 3 E311-4
- Hydrogen gas is ineffective in moderate and severe neonatal hypoxia-ischemia rat models.
- Matchett GA, Fathali N, Hasegawa Y, Jadhav V, Ostrowski RP, Martin RD, Dorotta IR, Sun X, Zhang JH Brain Res. 2009 Mar 1259 90-7
- Neuroprotective effect of volatile anesthetic agents: molecular mechanisms.
- Matchett GA, Allard MW, Martin RD, Zhang JH Neurol. Res. 2009 Mar 31 2 128-34
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (2006)