Dr. Desai is originally from the DFW area and received his medical training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Intrigued by the opportunity to integrate clinical medicine and procedures, he completed his Gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh. To further gain increased experience in Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy he is currently completing his Advanced Endoscopy training at UTSW.
- Medical School
- Texas A&M College of Medicine (2011)
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (2014), Internal Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2017), Gastroenterology/hepatology
- Endoscopic Ultrasound in the Evaluation of Chronic Upper Abdominal Pain of Unknown Etiology: A Retrospective Chart Review Examining the Efficacy of EUS in Determining a New Diagnosis.
- Thompson MB, Ramirez JC, De La Rosa LM, Wood AS, Desai S, Arjunan A, Song J, Erickson RA J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2015 Feb 49 2 e17-20
- Successful closure of a Billroth II duodenal stump leak with fistulization to the colon by use of stacked over-the-scope clips.
- Gorospe EC, Desai S, Al-Bawardy B, Baron TH, Wong Kee Song LM Gastrointest. Endosc. 2014 Jul
- Recurrent bilateral pleural effusions without ascites as an initial presentation of Budd-Chiari syndrome.
- Desai SK, Al-Bawardy BF, Leggett C, Gorospe EC Ann Gastroenterol 2014 27 1 74
- Over-the-scope clip closure of pancreaticocolonic fistula caused by severe necrotizing pancreatitis.
- Gorospe EC, Desai S, Al-Bawardy B, Baron TH, Buttar NS, Wong Kee Song LM Gastrointest. Endosc. 2013 Dec