Nilay Nandi, Ph.D.
- Cell Death
- Cellular Stress
- Drug Resistance Mechanism
- Drug Targets
- Enteric and Blood Borne Parasites
- STING controls energy stress-induced autophagy and energy metabolism via STX17.
- Rong Y, Zhang S, Nandi N, Wu Z, Li L, Liu Y, Wei Y, Zhao Y, Yuan W, Zhou C, Xiao G, Levine B, Yan N, Mou S, Deng L, Tang Z, Liu X, Kramer H, Zhong Q, J Cell Biol 2022 Jul 221 7
- A phosphoswitch at acinus-serine437 controls autophagic responses to cadmium exposure and neurodegenerative stress.
- Nandi N, Zaidi Z, Tracy C, Krämer H, Elife 2022 Jan 11
- Yorkie Growth-Promoting Activity Is Limited by Atg1-Mediated Phosphorylation.
- Tyra LK, Nandi N, Tracy C, Krämer H, Dev. Cell 2020 Feb
- Stress-induced Cdk5 activity enhances cytoprotective basal autophagy in Drosophila melanogaster by phosphorylating acinus at serine437.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Stenesen D, Krämer H Elife 2017 Dec 6
- Acinus integrates AKT1 and subapoptotic caspase activities to regulate basal autophagy.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Stenesen D, Krämer H J. Cell Biol. 2014 Oct 207 2 253-68
- Involvement of thermoplasmaquinone-7 in transplasma membrane electron transport of Entamoeba histolytica trophozoites: a key molecule for future rational chemotherapeutic drug designing.
- Nandi N, Bera T, Kumar S, Purkait B, Kumar A, Das P J. Bioenerg. Biomembr. 2011 Apr 43 2 203-15
- Hydrogen peroxide induces apoptosis-like death in Entamoeba histolytica trophozoites.
- Nandi N, Sen A, Banerjee R, Kumar S, Kumar V, Ghosh AN, Das P Microbiology (Reading, Engl.) 2010 Jul 156 Pt 7 1926-41
- The 29-kilodalton thiol-dependent peroxidase of Entamoeba histolytica is a factor involved in pathogenesis and survival of the parasite during oxidative stress.
- Sen A, Chatterjee NS, Akbar MA, Nandi N, Das P Eukaryotic Cell 2007 Apr 6 4 664-73
- Cdk5-mediated Acn/Acinus phosphorylation regulates basal autophagy independently of metabolic stress.
- Nandi N, Krämer H Autophagy 2018 May 1-2
- Activated Acinus boosts basal autophagy.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Krämer H Mol Cell Oncol 2015 Jul-Sep 2 3 e995043
Honors & Awards
- Best Image Award at UT Southwestern Annual Neuroscience Retreat, 2017
- Best Poster and Travel Award at UT Southwestern Annual Cell Biology Scientific Retreat, 2017
- Conducted workshops as a Resource Person on Advanced Separation Techniques on 2009 and 2010 in RMRIMS, Patna, India organized jointly by RMRIMS, Patna and NIPER, Hajipur, India.
- Guest Faculty, Paper Setter and Examiner in National Institute of Pharmacy Education and Research, Hajipur, India from 2007-2010
- invited poster judge for ASCB EMBO Poster Competition, 2019
- Invited poster judge for Signal Transduction and Cell Death and Stress category for the Undergraduate, Graduate and Post Doctoral Poster Award in 60th Annual Drosophila Research Conference, 2019
- Invited Reviewer for reputed Journal Publishing Houses like Frontiers, PLOS, Wiley, Elsevier, Bio Med Central, Taylor and Francis and Springer
- Post Doctoral Travel Award from UT Southwestern PDA Committee for attending Annual Meeting of American Society of Cell Biology in 2013
- Selected for Oral presentation in 60th Annual Drosophila Research Conference, 2019
- Selected for Oral presentation in 62nd Annual Drosophila Research Conference, 2021
- Selected for Oral presentation in Annual Meeting of American Society of Cell Biology, 2016
- Selected for Oral presentation in ASCB EMBO Meeting, 2019