- Cell Death
- Cellular Stress
- Drug Resistance Mechanism
- Enteric and Blood Borne Parasites
- Plasma Membrane Electron Transport in parasitic protozoa as a novel drug target
- Cdk5-mediated Acn/Acinus phosphorylation regulates basal autophagy independently of metabolic stress.
- Nandi N, Krämer H Autophagy 2018 May 1-2
- Stress-induced Cdk5 activity enhances cytoprotective basal autophagy in Drosophila melanogaster by phosphorylating acinus at serine437.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Stenesen D, Krämer H Elife 2017 Dec 6
- Acinus integrates AKT1 and subapoptotic caspase activities to regulate basal autophagy.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Stenesen D, Krämer H J. Cell Biol. 2014 Oct 207 2 253-68
- Mechanism of amphotericin B resistance in clinical isolates of Leishmania donovani.
- Purkait B, Kumar A, Nandi N, Sardar AH, Das S, Kumar S, Pandey K, Ravidas V, Kumar M, De T, Singh D, Das P Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2012 Feb 56 2 1031-41
- Hydrogen peroxide induces apoptosis-like death in Entamoeba histolytica trophozoites.
- Nandi N, Sen A, Banerjee R, Kumar S, Kumar V, Ghosh AN, Das P Microbiology (Reading, Engl.) 2010 Jul 156 Pt 7 1926-41
- The 29-kilodalton thiol-dependent peroxidase of Entamoeba histolytica is a factor involved in pathogenesis and survival of the parasite during oxidative stress.
- Sen A, Chatterjee NS, Akbar MA, Nandi N, Das P Eukaryotic Cell 2007 Apr 6 4 664-73
- Activated Acinus boosts basal autophagy.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Krämer H Mol Cell Oncol 2015 Jul-Sep 2 3 e995043
- Anoikis potential of Entameba histolytica secretory cysteine proteases: evidence of contact independent host cell death.
- Kumar S, Banerjee R, Nandi N, Sardar AH, Das P Microb. Pathog. 2012 Jan 52 1 69-76
- Involvement of thermoplasmaquinone-7 in transplasma membrane electron transport of Entamoeba histolytica trophozoites: a key molecule for future rational chemotherapeutic drug designing.
- Nandi N, Bera T, Kumar S, Purkait B, Kumar A, Das P J. Bioenerg. Biomembr. 2011 Apr 43 2 203-15
- Preliminary evidence on existence of transplasma membrane electron transport in Entamoeba histolytica trophozoites: a key mechanism for maintaining optimal redox balance.
- Bera T, Nandi N, Sudhahar D, Akbar MA, Sen A, Das P J. Bioenerg. Biomembr. 2006 Dec 38 5-6 299-308
Honors & Awards
- Best Image Award at UT Southwestern Annual Neuroscience Retreat, 2017
- Best Poster and Travel Award at UT Southwestern Annual Cell Biology Scientific Retreat, 2017
- Conducted workshops as a Resource Person on Advanced Separation Techniques on 2009 and 2010 in RMRIMS, Patna, India organized jointly by RMRIMS, Patna and NIPER, Hajipur, India.
- Guest Faculty, Paper Setter and Examiner in National Institute of Pharmacy Education and Research, Hajipur, India from 2007-2010
- Invited poster judge for Signal Transduction and Cell Death and Stress category for the Undergraduate, Graduate and Post Doctoral Poster Award in 60th Annual Drosophila Research Conference, 2019
- Post Doctoral Travel Award from UT Southwestern PDA Committee for attending Annual Meeting of American Society of Cell Biology in 2013
- Selected for Oral presentation in 60th Annual Drosophila Research Conference, 2019
- Selected for Oral presentation in Annual Meeting of American Society of Cell Biology, 2016