Dr. Wazni is originally from Pflugerville, Texas, but she considers Dallas her hometown. She received her initial medical training at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas before staying on to complete her residency in Internal Medicine at UTSW. After completing residency she elected to remain at UT Southwestern as faculty in Hospitalist medicine. Her clinical interests include patient and medical education. Dr. Wazni’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family, cooking, bird watching, and hiking.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2014)
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2017), Internal Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Medical Education
- Parental perspectives regarding primary-care weight-management strategies for school-age children.
- Turer CB, Mehta M, Durante R, Wazni F, Flores G Matern Child Nutr 2016 Apr 12 2 326-38
Honors & Awards
- President's Volunteer Service Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012)