Iram Hussain, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Iram Hussain, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of the Division of Endocrinology.
Originally from Burnley, Lancashire in the United Kingdom, Dr. Hussain holds a bachelor's degree in anatomy-physiology-biochemistry from Punjab University in Lahore, Pakistan. she received her medical education at King Edward Medical University in Lahore, Pakistan. She then completed internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in endocrinology.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in endocrinology, Dr. Hussain joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Hussain is involved in the Clinical Core Competency Committee, the Program Evaluation Committee, and an Internal Medicine leadership group.
Dr. Hussain is a member of several professional societies. She is the Vice President of the North American Society for Interventional Endocrinologists. She's also a member of the Texas Medical Association, the Dallas County Medical Society, the Thyroid Nodule Therapies Association, and the American Muslim Women Physicians Association.
Dr. Hussain has a strong background in clinical medicine, with a focus on general endocrinology, pituitary, and thyroid disorders. Her research interests have resulted in several peer-reviewed publications, case reports, reviews, and book chapters.
Dr. Hussain’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family, reading, and traveling.
- Medical School
- King Edward Medical University, Pakistan (2008)
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- COVID-19 and Impact on Endocrine and Cardiovascular Disorders
- Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Radiofrequency Frequency Ablation of Thyroid Nodules and other Neck Lesions
- Safety and Efficacy of Radiofrequency Ablation of Thyroid Nodules-Expanding Treatment Options in the United States.
- Hussain I, Zulfiqar F, Li X, Ahmad S, Aljammal J, J Endocr Soc 2021 Aug 5 8 bvab110
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Parathyroid Adenoma: A Novel Treatment Option for Primary Hyperparathyroidism.
- Hussain I, Ahmad S, Aljammal J, AACE Clin Case Rep 2021 May-Jun 7 3 195-199
- Multisystem Progeroid Syndrome With Lipodystrophy, Cardiomyopathy, and Nephropathy Due to an LMNA p.R349W Variant.
- Hussain I, Jin RR, Baum HBA, Greenfield JR, Devery S, Xing C, Hegele RA, Carranza-Leon BG, Linton MF, Vuitch F, Wu KHC, Precioso DR, Oshima J, Agarwal AK, Garg A, Journal of the Endocrine Society 2020 Oct 4 10 bvaa104
- Lipodystrophies, dyslipidaemias and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Hussain I, Patni N, Garg A Pathology 2019 Feb 51 2 202-212
- A Novel Generalized Lipodystrophy-associated Progeroid Syndrome due to recurrent heterozygous LMNA p.T10I Mutation.
- Hussain I, Patni N, Ueda M, Sorkina E, Valerio CM, Cochran E, Brown RJ, Peeden J, Tikhonovich Y, Tiulpakov A, Stender SRS, Klouda E, Tayeh MK, Innis J, Meyer A, Lal P, Godoy-Matos AF, Teles MG, Adams-Huet B, Rader DJ, Hegele RA, Oral EA, Garg A J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2017 Dec
- Lipodystrophy Syndromes.
- Hussain I, Garg A Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 2016 Dec 45 4 783-797
- VISUAL VIGNETTE.
- Flores JF, DeGueme A, Hussain I, Cavuoti D, Gruntmanis U, Gunasekaran U Endocr Pract 2015 Aug
- Extreme hypercholesterolemia presenting with pseudohyponatremia - a case report and review of the literature.
- Hussain I, Ahmad Z, Garg A J Clin Lipidol 2015 Mar-Apr 9 2 260-4
Medical Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Luigi Meneghini, Iram Hussain, Marconi Abreu, Ildiko Lingvay, Asra Kermani, Sasan Mirfakhraee, Frederick Dunn, Kyaw Soe, Olga Gupta, Perry Bickel, Sadia Ali, Nancy Drobycki, Abha Choudhary, Anitha Litty, Nisha Jacob (2020). American Diabetes Association
- American Muslim Women Physicians Association (2022)
- North American Society of Interventional Endocrinologists (2021)
- Thyroid Nodules Therapies Association (2020)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2015)