Dr. Mary Villani joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2020 after obtaining her MD from UT Southwestern Medical School and completing her residency training at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. She also served as chief resident for the Pediatric Residency Program from 2019-2020. As a pediatric hospitalist, she dedicates her clinical time to the multidisciplinary care of children admitted to Children’s Medical Center of Dallas.
Dr. Villani is passionate about providing high-quality care aimed at addressing the concerns of the whole family. As an Associate Program Director for the Pediatric Residency Program she is deeply invested in developing the clinical skills, pathophysiologic knowledge, and communication abilities of trainees. Her academic and research interests include skin, soft tissue, and musculoskeletal infections with particular interest in unusual pathogens.
- Primary Septic Arthritis Among Children 6 to 48 Months of Age: Implications for PCR Acquisition and Empiric Antimicrobial Selection.
- Villani MC, Hamilton EC, Klosterman MM, Jo C, Kang LH, Copley LAB, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 Jan Publish Ahead of Print
Honors & Awards
- Student Representative, Leading the Conversation on Health, Lecture Series
Southwestern Foundation (2015)
- Founder's Day Award
New York University (2011)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Member (2016)
- American Medical Association, Member (2016)