Andrew Diederich, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in mood disorders and suicide prevention. Dr. Diederich earned his medical degree at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, where he also completed a residency in general psychiatry and a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry. Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2010.
Among his many roles, Dr. Diederich is the Medical Director of Inpatient Services for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Children’s Health. He participated in the State Hospital Child and Adolescent Services Workgroup for Texas HHS/State Hospital System and serves on several committees for UT Southwestern’s Department of Psychiatry. Additionally, he is a Texas Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry delegate to the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
He has contributed to the book Depression, delivered numerous invited lectures, and published several academic articles.
- Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2005)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2008), General Psychiatry
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2010), Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Refinement of the Role of Hopelessness in the Interpersonal Theory of Suicide: An Exploration in an Inpatient Adolescent Sample.
- Elledge D, Zullo L, Kennard B, Diederich A, Emslie G, Stewart S, Arch Suicide Res 2019 Sep 1-15
- A Theory-Driven Investigation of the Association Between Emotion Dysregulation and Suicide Risk in a Clinical Adolescent Sample.
- Eaddy M, Zullo L, Horton SE, Hughes JL, Kennard B, Diederich A, Emslie GJ, Schuster L, Stewart SM Suicide Life Threat Behav 2018 May
- Adolescent insomnia, suicide risk, and the interpersonal theory of suicide.
- Zullo L, Horton S, Eaddy M, King J, Hughes J, Diederich A, Kennard B, Emslie G, Stewart S Psychiatry Res 2017 Jul 257 242-248
- Frequency of Exposure to and Engagement in Nonsuicidal Self-Injury Among Inpatient Adolescents.
- Zhu L, Westers NJ, Horton SE, King JD, Diederich A, Stewart SM, Kennard BD Arch Suicide Res 2016 Mar
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2008)
- Texas Medical Association (2008)
- Texas Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2008)