Dr. Mauricio R. Delgado-Ayala received his medical degree from the University of Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico. He did his postgraduate training in pediatrics and neurology at the University of Ottawa in Ottawa, Canada. He received certification in neurology with special competence in child neurology and neurophysiology from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Delgado-Ayala is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada. In 2019, he became president of the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine. He is a co-founder member of the Mexican Academy for Cerebral palsy and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities. As a clinician, he specializes in neurorehabilitation of children with motor disorders of central origin and neurogenetic disorders such as holoprosencephaly and tuberous sclerosis complex.
- Unlisted - Location or Compone (1975)
- Medical School
- Cerebral Palsy
- Pediatric Neurophysiology
- Pediatric Neurorehabilitation
- Neural and non-neural contributions to ankle spasticity in children with cerebral palsy.
- Xu D, Wu YN, Gaebler-Spira D, Gao F, Clegg NJ, Delgado MR, Zhang LQ, Dev Med Child Neurol 2020 Mar
- Cohesin complex-associated holoprosencephaly.
- Kruszka P, Berger SI, Casa V, Dekker MR, Gaesser J, Weiss K, Martinez AF, Murdock DR, Louie RJ, Prijoles EJ, Lichty AW, Brouwer OF, Zonneveld-Huijssoon E, Stephan MJ, Hogue J, Hu P, Tanima-Nagai M, Everson JL, Prasad C, Cereda A, Iascone M, Schreiber A, Zurcher V, Corsten-Janssen N, Escobar L, Clegg NJ, Delgado MR, Hajirnis O, Balasubramanian M, Kayserili H, Deardorff M, Poot RA, Wendt KS, Lipinski RJ, Muenke M, Brain 2019 09 142 9 2631-2643
- Biallelic mutations in human DCC cause developmental split-brain syndrome.
- Jamuar SS, Schmitz-Abe K, D'Gama AM, Drottar M, Chan WM, Peeva M, Servattalab S, Lam AN, Delgado MR, Clegg NJ, Zayed ZA, Dogar MA, Alorainy IA, Jamea AA, Abu-Amero K, Griebel M, Ward W, Lein ES, Markianos K, Barkovich AJ, Robson CD, Grant PE, Bosley TM, Engle EC, Walsh CA, Yu TW, Nat. Genet. 2017 Apr 49 4 606-612
- AbobotulinumtoxinA for Equinus Foot Deformity in Cerebral Palsy: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Delgado MR, Tilton A, Russman B, Benavides O, Bonikowski M, Carranza J, Dabrowski E, Dursun N, Gormley M, Jozwiak M, Matthews D, Maciag-Tymecka I, Unlu E, Pham E, Tse A, Picaut P, Pediatrics 2016 Feb 137 2 e20152830
- Genotypic and phenotypic analysis of 396 individuals with mutations in Sonic Hedgehog.
- Solomon BD, Bear KA, Wyllie A, Keaton AA, Dubourg C, David V, Mercier S, Odent S, Hehr U, Paulussen A, Clegg NJ, Delgado MR, Bale SJ, Lacbawan F, Ardinger HH, Aylsworth AS, Bhengu NL, Braddock S, Brookhyser K, Burton B, Gaspar H, Grix A, Horovitz D, Kanetzke E, Kayserili H, Lev D, Nikkel SM, Norton M, Roberts R, Saal H, Schaefer GB, Schneider A, Smith EK, Sowry E, Spence MA, Shalev SA, Steiner CE, Thompson EM, Winder TL, Balog JZ, Hadley DW, Zhou N, Pineda-Alvarez DE, Roessler E, Muenke M, J. Med. Genet. 2012 Jul 49 7 473-9
- Reliability of the Tardieu Scale for assessing spasticity in children with cerebral palsy.
- Gracies JM, Burke K, Clegg NJ, Browne R, Rushing C, Fehlings D, Matthews D, Tilton A, Delgado MR, Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2010 Mar 91 3 421-8
- Practice parameter: pharmacologic treatment of spasticity in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Committee of the Child Neurology Society.
- Delgado MR, Hirtz D, Aisen M, Ashwal S, Fehlings DL, McLaughlin J, Morrison LA, Shrader MW, Tilton A, Vargus-Adams J, Neurology 2010 Jan 74 4 336-43
- Classification and definition of disorders causing hypertonia in childhood.
- Sanger TD, Delgado MR, Gaebler-Spira D, Hallett M, Mink JW, Pediatrics 2003 Jan 111 1 e89-97
- Middle interhemispheric variant of holoprosencephaly: a distinct cliniconeuroradiologic subtype.
- Lewis AJ, Simon EM, Barkovich AJ, Clegg NJ, Delgado MR, Levey E, Hahn JS, Neurology 2002 Dec 59 12 1860-5
- Neuroanatomy of Holoprosencephaly as Predictor of Function: Beyond the Face Predicting the Brain
- Plawner LL, Delgado MR, Miller VS, Levey EB, Kinsman SL, Barkovich AJ, Simon EM, Clegg NJ, Sweet VT, Stashinko EE, Hahn JS Neurology 2002 2002;59 1058-1066
Status Epilepticus. In Essential Guide to Pediatric Intensive Care
Delgado, MR (1990). St. Louis, Missouri, Quality Medical Publishers, Inc
Status Epilepticus. In Essentials of Pediatric Intensive Care
Delgado MR, Riela A (1996). St. Louis, Missouri, Quality Medical Publishers, Inc
Neurophysiological Testing in ICU. In Essentials of Pediatric Intensive Care
Sing B, Riela A, Delgado MR (1996). St. Louis, Missouri, Quality Medical Publishers, Inc.
Paralisis Cerebral: Estado Actual. In Desordenes Del Neurodesarrollo
Delgado MR (2001). Monterrey, N.L. México, Psicofarma S.A. de C.V.
The Use of Botulinum Toxin in Juvenile Cerebral Palsy. In Scientific and Therapeutic Aspects of Botulinum Toxin
Delgado MR (2002). NY, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Tratamiento Con Toxina Botulinica de la Espasticidad en Niños. In Toxina Botulinica Nuevas indicaciones terapeuticas
Delgado MR, Carranza del Rio J (2010). Buenos Aires, Argentina, Medica Panamericana
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in America
- Keynote Speaker at Commencement Exercises, Fall Class of 2010 University of Monterrey
- Best Doctors in America-Fifteen Edition
- FREDDDIE Award
Category Special People for video; Living with Hope: Understanding Holoprosencephaly. Associate Producer (2001)
- Instituto De Seguridad y Servicios Sociales, Centro Medico nacional
Associate Professor of Pediatric Neurology (2000)
- JCN/Decher Neuroscience Prize
- Keeper of the Flame Award; National Tuberous Sclerosis Association
- Gold Award; 5th International A.V. Epilepsy Festival
- Professional Advisor of the Year Award; Epilepsy Foundation of America
- Dr. H.M. Finlayson Award for the best clinical paper-Annual Canadian Neuropathology Meeting
- Academia Mexicana para la Parálisis Cerebral y Trastornos del Neurodesarrollo (2015)
- American Academy Cerebral Palsy Developmental Medicine (1996)
- American Academy of Neurology (1981)
- American Child Neurology Society (1985)
- American Society of Neurorehabilitation (1990)
- Canadian Association of Child Neurology (1985-2005)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2011)
- International Child Neurology Association (1990)
- Professors of Child Neurology (1990-2017)
- Royal College of Physicians of Canada (1987)
- Sociedad Mexicana de Neurología Pediátrica (1990)
- Texas Medical Assiociation (2011)