Dr. Mauricio R. Delgado is director of neurology at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and professor of neurology at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. He received his medical degree from the University of Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico. He did his internship in pediatrics and neurology at the University of Ottawa in Ottawa, Canada. He received certification in neurology with special competence in child neurology and neurophysiology from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Delgado is a Fellow in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. As a clinician, he specializes in neurorehabilitation of children with motor disorders of central origin and neurogenetic disorders such as holoprosencephaly and tuberous sclerosis complex.
- Unlisted - Location or Compone (1975)
- Medical School
- Cerebral Palsy
- Pediatric Neurophysiology
- Pediatric Neurorehabilitation
- MRI shows abnormal white matter maturation in classical holoprosencephaly
- Barkovich AJ, Simon EM, Glenn OA, Clegg NJ, Kinsman SL, Delgado MR, Hahn JS Neurology 2002 2002;59 1968-1971
- Chromosome catastrophes involve replication mechanisms generating complex genomic rearrangements
- Liu P, Erez A, Nagamani SC, Dhar SU, Kołodziejska KE, Dharmadhikari AV, Cooper ML, Wiszniewska J, Zhang F, Withers MA, Bacino CA, Campos-Acevedo LD, Delgado MR, Freedenberg D, Garnica A, Grebe TA, Hernández-Almaguer D, Immken L, Lalani SR, McLean SD, Northrup H, Scaglia F, Strathearn L, Trapane P, Kang SH, Patel A, Cheung SW, Hastings PJ, Stankiewicz P, Lupski JR, Bi W. Cell 2011 2011; Sept. 16;146
- Use of trihexyphenidyl in children with cerebral palsy.
- Carranza-del Rio J, Clegg NJ, Moore A, Delgado MR. Pediatrics Neurology 2011 2011 Mar; 44 (3)
- A wireless system for monitoring transcranial motor evoked potentials.
- Farajidavar A, Seifert JL, Bell JE, Seo YS, Delgado MR, Sparagana S. Romero MI, Chiao JC. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 2011 2011 Jan;39(1) 517-23
- Reliability of the Tardieu Scale for assessing spasticity in children with cerebral palsy.
- Gracies JM, Burke K, Clegg NJ, Browne R, Rushing C, Fehlings D, Matthew D, Tilton A, Delgado MR. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2010 2010 Mar;91(3) 421-8
- Practice parameter: pharmacologic treatment of spasticity in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Committee of the Child Neurology Society.
- Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Committee of the Child Neurology Society, Delgado MR, Hirtz D, Aisen M, Ashwal S, Fehlings DL, McLaughlin J, Morrison LA, Shrader MW, Tilton A. Vargus-Adams J. Neurology 2010 2010 Jan 26;74(4) 336-43
- Quantification of functional near infrared spectroscopy to assess cortical reorganization in children with cerebral palsy.
- Tian F, Delgado MR, Dhamne SC, Khan B, Alexandrakis G, Romero MI, Smith L, Reid D, Clegg NJ, Liu H. Opt Express 2010 2010 Dec 6;18 (25) 25973-86
- Electroencephalography in holoprosencephaly: findings in children without epilepsy.
- Hahn JS, Delgado MR, Celgg NJ, Sparagana SP, Gerace Kl, Barkovich AJ, Olson DM. Clinical Neurophysiology 2003 2003 Oct;114(10) 1908-17
- Classification and definition of disorders causing hypertonia in childhood.
- Sanger TD, Delgado MR, Gaebler-Spira D, Hallett M, Mink JW; Task Force on Childhood Motor Disorders. Pediatrics 2003 2003 Jan;111(1) e89-97
- Neuroanatomy of holoprosencephaly as predictor of function: beyond the face predicting the brain.
- Plawner LL, Delgado MR, Miller VS, Levey EB, Kinsman SL, Barkovich AJ, Simon EM, Clegg NJ, Sweet VT, Stashinko EE, Hahn JS. Neurology 2002 2002 Oct 8;59(7) 1058-66
Honors & Awards
- Keynote Speaker at Commencement Exercises, Fall Class of 2010 University of Monterrey
- The Best Doctors in America-Fifteen Edition
- FREDDDIE Award
Category Special People for video; Living with Hope: Understanding Holoprosencephaly. Associate Producer (2001)
- Instituto De Seguridad y Servicios Sociales, Centro Medico nacional
Associate Professor of Pediatric Neurology (2000)
- JCN/Decher Neuroscience Prize
- Keeper of the Flame Award; National Tuberous Sclerosis Association
- Gold Award; 5th International A.V. Epilepsy Festival
- Professional Advisor of the Year Award; Epilepsy Foundation of America
- Dr. H.M. Finlayson Award for the best clinical paper-Annual Canadian Neuropathology Meeting
- American Academy Cerebral Palsy Developmental Medicine - Board of Directors Member (2011)
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Child Neurology Society
- American Society of Neurorehabilitation - Certified Member
- Canadian Association of Child Neurology
- International Child Neurology Association