I possess a broad background in psychiatry, with specialized interests in providing medical/psychiatric support to elite teams, integrated care, telehealth, management consultation, medical diplomacy, and leadership analysis/political psychology profiling for national security purposes. I have worked in a variety of emergency, forensic, and overseas [US diplomatic] settings since 1993. I am board-certified in adult psychiatry.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1989)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1993), Psychiatry
- global health
- leadership analysis and political psychology
- Leadership Analysis and Political Psychology in the 21st Century.
- Dekleva KB J. Am. Acad. Psychiatry Law 2018 Sep 46 3 359-363
- The U.S. Department of State's Mental Health Services: A Model for Integrated Care.
- Dekleva K Psychiatr Serv 2017 Aug appips201700036
- Immigration trauma, substance abuse, and suicide.
- Epelbaum C, Taylor ER, Dekleva K Harv Rev Psychiatry 2010 Sep-Oct 18 5 304-13
- Psychiatric expertise in the sentencing phase of capital murder cases.
- Dekleva KB J. Am. Acad. Psychiatry Law 2001 29 1 58-67
- Genocide in Bosnia: the case of Dr. Radovan Karadzic.
- Dekleva KB, Post JM J. Am. Acad. Psychiatry Law 1997 25 4 485-96
- Sporadic encephalitis lethargica: a case treated successfully with ECT.
- Dekleva KB, Husain MM J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 1995 7 2 237-9
Honors & Awards
- George HW Bush Foundation for US-China Relations
Senior Fellow (2021-2022)