Dr. Aakash Goyal graduated from B.J. College, University of Pune, India. He completed his Pediatric residency at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, NY and then completed his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit. His interests are Eosinophilic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and feeding disorders.
Dr. Goyal is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and provides medical care at Children's Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- B.J. Medical College-Maharshtra (1997)
- Safdarjung Hospital (1999), Transitional Year
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (1999), Pathology
- Government Medical College (2002), Pediatrics
- Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center (2007), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Michigan (2010), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disease
- Feeding disorders
- Recent discoveries and emerging therapeutics in eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Goyal A, Cheng E World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther 2016 Feb 7 1 21-32
- Pancreatic head tumor in an infant with new-onset jaundice.
- Heintz D, Megison S, Cope-Yokoyama S, Goyal A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2015 Feb 60 2 e14-5
- Esophageal polyp in a boy with eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Goyal A, Poulik J, Chang CH, El-Baba M J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2010 Nov 51 5 541
Honors & Awards
- Starfish Award, FCCAC, Children’s Hospital of Michigan
- Award of Appreciation, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of New York City
- American Board of Pediatrics (2012)
- Texas Medical Board (2010)
- American Medical Association (2009)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2007)
- Medical Council of India (1999)