Dr. Andrew Yu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He devotes his clinical time as a Pediatric Hospitalist to the care of hospitalized children at the Children’s Medical Center of Dallas and is passionate about providing high-quality, family-centered care.
Dr. Yu is highly invested in medical education and serves as an Associate Program Director of the Pediatric Residency Program at UT Southwestern / Children’s Health. His areas of focus include bedside teaching, clinical reasoning, and skills development.
Dr. Yu holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology from Yale University. He has experience in healthcare consulting. He received his M.D. from UT Southwestern Medical School, where he also completed his pediatric residency and served as a Pediatric Chief Resident.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2014)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2017), Pediatrics
- Chief Resident
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2018), Pediatrics
- Health Services Research
- Medical Education
- Hospital-Level Neighborhood Opportunity and Rehospitalization for Common Diagnoses at U.S. Children's Hospitals.
- Yu AG, Hall M, Agharokh L, Lee BC, Zaniletti I, Wilson KM, Williams DJ, Acad Pediatr 2022 Jun
- Cachexia, chorea, and pain in chronic nonbacterial osteitis and inflammatory bowel disease: a case report.
- Agharokh L, Mamola K, Yu AG, Medina AL, Gurram B, Fuller J, Park JY, Chen W, Rajaram V, Hammer MR, Waugh JL, J Med Case Rep 2023 May 17 1 237
- National cross-sectional study on cost consciousness, cost accuracy, and national medical waste reduction initiative knowledge among pediatric hospitalists in the United States.
- Lee BC, Hall M, Agharokh L, Yu AG, Parikh K, Shah SS, PLoS One 2023 18 4 e0284912
- Trends in Pediatric Rhabdomyolysis and Associated Renal Failure: A 10-Year Population-Based Study.
- Agharokh L, Zaniletti I, Yu AG, Lee BC, Hall M, Williams DJ, Wilson KM, Hosp Pediatr 2022 Aug 12 8 718-725
- Regulation of Nod1 and Nod2 in first trimester trophoblast cells.
- Mulla MJ, Yu AG, Cardenas I, Guller S, Panda B, Abrahams VM Am. J. Reprod. Immunol. 2009 Apr 61 4 294-302
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection modulates trophoblast cytokine/chemokine production.
- de la Torre E, Mulla MJ, Yu AG, Lee SJ, Kavathas PB, Abrahams VM J. Immunol. 2009 Mar 182 6 3735-45
Honors & Awards
- Advocacy Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Residency Program (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas
Award for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine (2014)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Hospital Medicine
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Pediatric Society