Dr. Andrew Yu completed his Bachelor of Science degree at Yale University in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology. After working in healthcare consulting in New York City, he returned to Texas and completed his medical school, pediatric residency, and chief resident year at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Yu is passionate about family-centered care, pediatric advocacy, and education of residents and medical students.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2014)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2017), Pediatrics
- Chief Resident
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2018), Pediatrics
- Medical education
- Regulation of Nod1 and Nod2 in first trimester trophoblast cells.
- Mulla MJ, Yu AG, Cardenas I, Guller S, Panda B, Abrahams VM Am. J. Reprod. Immunol. 2009 Apr 61 4 294-302
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection modulates trophoblast cytokine/chemokine production.
- de la Torre E, Mulla MJ, Yu AG, Lee SJ, Kavathas PB, Abrahams VM J. Immunol. 2009 Mar 182 6 3735-45
Honors & Awards
- Advocacy Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Residency Program (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas
Award for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine (2014)
- Residency Program Delegate
American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Medical Students, Residents, and Fellowship Trainees (2014)
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors (2017)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2014)
- Texas Pediatric Society (2014)