Dr. Gunawan grew up in Houston, TX and received her medical degree from UT Southwestern. She subsequently completed her internal medicine residency and endocrine fellowship training at Yale New Haven Hospital, CT. Her research focus during fellowship was on type 2 diabetes and obesity. She has a special interest in diabetes, but enjoys helping patients manage a broad variety of endocrine disorders. She decided to return to UTSW as it would allow her to pursue her interests in diabetes, teaching, and patient care within an academic setting, with the added benefit of being close to home. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family, reading, and traveling.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2014)
- Yale University School of Medicine (2017), Internal Medicine
- Yale University School of Medicine (2020), Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Nutrition
- Relative frequency of cardiology vs. endocrinology visits by type 2 diabetes patients with cardiovascular disease in the USA: implications for implementing evidence-based use of glucose-lowering medications.
- Gunawan F, Nassif ME, Partridge C, Ahmad T, Kosiborod M, Inzucchi SE, Cardiovasc Endocrinol Metab 2020 Jun 9 2 56-59
- ATYPICAL RECURRENCE OF PARATHYROID CARCINOMA FOLLOWING INFLIXIMAB THERAPY IN A PATIENT WITH ULCERATIVE COLITIS.
- Gunawan F, Holt E, AACE Clin Case Rep 2020 May-Jun 6 3 e113-e116
Honors & Awards
- Endocrine Fellows Foundation Grant
Endocrine Fellows Foundation (2019)
- American Diabetes Association (2019)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (2017)
- Endocrine Society (2017)