Tom Tielleman, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases. He specializes in therapeutic endoscopy, biliary disorders, and pancreatic cancer prevention.
Originally from San Antonio, Texas, Dr. Tielleman holds a bachelor's degree in biochemistry and molecular biology from Trinity University, where he graduated with honors. He earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern, where he also completed his internal medicine residency training, as well as advanced training through fellowship programs in gastroenterology and advanced therapeutic endoscopy.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Tielleman is an active member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
During his free time, Dr. Tielleman enjoys cooking, traveling, and spending time with his family.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2014)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Gastroenterology
- Hepatobiliary Disorders
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Prognostic Value of Hypochloremia in Critically Ill Patients With Decompensated Cirrhosis.
- Sumarsono A, Wang J, Xie L, Cerro Chiang G, Tielleman T, Messiah SE, Singal AG, Mufti A, Chen C, Leveno M, Crit. Care Med. 2020 Sep
- Epidemiology and Risk Factors for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding.
- Tielleman T, Bujanda D, Cryer B, Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 2015 Jul 25 3 415-28
Epidemiology and Risk Factors for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding. In Clinics Review Articles: Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding Management
Tielleman, T., Bujanda, D. and Cryer, B. (2015).
Honors & Awards
- First Place, World Cup of Endoscopy
American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2022)
- Chief Fellow
UT Southwestern Gastroenterology Fellowship Program (2019-2020)
- Housestaff Officer of Excellence
UT Southwestern Internal Medicine Residency (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (0)
- Internal Medicine Teaching Award
UT Southwestern (0)
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy