Dr. Mansi Gaitonde is a pediatric cardiologist who specializes in echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, and cross-sectional imaging. She earned her undergraduate degree in Biomedical Sciences at Texas A&M University as Summa Cum Laude with University and Foundation Honors, with a minor in music. She earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, TX. She traveled to Emory University in Atlanta, GA to complete her pediatrics residency. She continued her training with a three-year fellowship in pediatric cardiology, followed by a fourth-year advanced fellowship in non-invasive cardiac imaging, also at Emory University and the Sibley Heart Center in Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Gaitonde’s clinical interests include fetal echocardiography, transthoracic echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, and cross-sectional imaging (Cardiac MRI/CT). She also has an interest in 3-dimensional echocardiographic imaging and quality improvement in echocardiography. She is active in clinical research in the field of cardiac imaging. She is truly passionate about prenatal cardiac counseling with families who are undergoing the difficult process of coping with and understanding the diagnosis of congenital heart disease in their baby.
She was selected for the American Society of Echocardiography Top Investigator Grant in 2018 and 2021, was the winner of the American College of Cardiology Georgia chapter fellow research competition in 2018, and was selected as a finalist for the American Heart Association Young Investigator Award in 2021 for the Young Hearts Council.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2014)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2017), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine (2020), Pediatric Cardiology
- Emory University (2021), Pediatric Cardiac Non-invasive Imaging
- Evaluation of Left Ventricular Outflow Gradients During Staged Exercise Stress Echocardiography Helps Differentiate Pediatric Patients With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy From Athletes and Normal Subjects.
- Gaitonde M, Jones S, McCracken C, Ferguson ME, Michelfelder E, Sachdeva R, Border W, Pediatr Exerc Sci 2021 Jul 1-7
- Fetal Diagnosis in a Unique Case of Vascular and Cardiac Interdependence in Omphaloischiopagus Conjoined Twins.
- Gaitonde M, Kreeger J, Border W, Roberts J, Elshenawy S, Geary F, Michelfelder E, CASE (Phila) 2021 Jun 5 3 196-199
- COVID-19-Related Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children Affects Left Ventricular Function and Global Strain Compared with Kawasaki Disease.
- Gaitonde M, Ziebell D, Kelleman MS, Cox DE, Lipinski J, Border WL, Sachdeva R, J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2020 10 33 10 1285-1287
- Feasibility of obtaining biomarker profiles from endoscopic biopsy specimens in upper tract urothelial carcinoma: Preliminary results.
- Gayed BA, Bagrodia A, Gaitonde M, Krabbe LM, Meissner M, Kapur P, Youssef RF, Sagalowsky A, Lotan Y, Margulis V Urol. Oncol. 2015 Jan 33 1 18.e21-6
- Renal Function Outcomes Following Selective Angioembolization for Iatrogenic Vascular Lesions After Partial Nephrectomy.
- Gahan JC, Gaitonde M, Wadskier L, Cadeddu JA, Trimmer C J. Endourol. 2013 Nov
- Prospective Analysis of Ki-67 as an Independent Predictor of Oncologic Outcomes in Patients with High Grade Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma.
- Krabbe LM, Bagrodia A, Lotan Y, Gayed BA, Darwish OM, Youssef RF, John G, Harrow B, Jacobs C, Gaitonde M, Sagalowsky AI, Shariat SF, Kapur P, Margulis V J. Urol. 2013 Jul