- Medical School
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine (1968)
- Confederate Memorial Medical Center (1969), Ob/ Gyn
- Louisiana State University - Charity Hospital at New Orleans (1972), Ob/ Gyn
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1973), Maternal-fetal Medicine
- Medical/surgical disorders in pregnancy
- Obstetrical emergencies
- Liver Injury in Hemolysis, Elevated Liver Enzymes, and Low Platelets Syndrome Measured by Diffusion-Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Nelson DB, Khan A, Bailey A, Yokoo T, Pedrosa I, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG Am J Perinatol 2017 Dec
- Frequency and Consequences of Ventricular Hypertrophy in Pregnant Women with Treated Chronic Hypertension.
- Ambia AM, Morgan JL, Wilson KL, Roberts SW, Wells CE, Mcintire DD, Sanghavi M, Nelson DB, Cunningham FG Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2017 Jun
- Impact of Pregnancy on Maternal Cardiac Atria.
- Martin RB, Nelson DB, Stewart R, Matulevicius S, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG Am J Perinatol 2017 Jun
- Diabetic ketoacidosis complicating pregnancy.
- Bryant SN, Herrera CL, Nelson DB, Cunningham FG J Neonatal Perinatal Med 2017 Mar
Williams Obstetrics, 25th Edition
Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY (Ed.) (2018). New York, McGraw-Hill Education
Operative Obstetrics, 3rd Edition
Yeomans ER, Hoffman BL, Gilstrap LC III, Cunningham FG (Ed.) (2017). New York, McGraw-Hill Education
Chesley's Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy, 4th Edition
Taylor RN, Roberts JM, Cunningham FG, Lindheimer MD (Ed.) (2014). New York, Elsevier
Williams Gynecology, 1st Edition
Schorge JO, Schaffer JI, Halvorson LM, Hoffman BL, Bradshaw KD, Cunningham FG (Ed.) (2008). New York, McGraw Hill
Honors & Awards
- 1983 - 2005: Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 1995- present: Beatrice and Miguel Elias Distinguished Chair in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Gynecological and Obstetrical Society
- Society for Gynecologic Investigation
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Texas Medical Association