Dr. Cullum is a Clinical Neuropsychologist who specializes in the assessment of cognitive disorders. He is board-certified in Clinical Neuropsychology (ABPP/ABCN) and directs the Neuropsychology Program at UT Southwestern. Dr. Cullum also serves as the Chief of the Division of Psychology and Clinical Core Leader in the UTSW Alzheimer's Disease Center. He is a past-president of the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology and the National Academy of Neuropsychology and is actively involved in research, teaching, and clinical practice in neuropsychology. His research includes investigations into cognitive dysfunction in aging and dementia, neuropsychiatric syndromes, traumatic brain injury and sports concussion. His lab is also involved in new cognitive test development and in telemedicine applications of neuropsychology.
- Undergraduate School
- Pacific Lutheran University (1981), Psychology
- University of California San Diego VA Medical Center (1986), Clinical Psychology
- Graduate School
- University Health Services (1986)
- University of California San Diego VA Medical Center (1988), Clinical Neuropsychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Cognitive test development
- Dementia and Memory disorders
- Telemedicine applications in neuropsychology
- Traumatic brain injury and sports concussion
- Neuropsychology in a Memory Disorder Clinic.
- Ruchinskas RA, Cullum CM Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2018 May 33 3 301-309
- Motor symptoms at onset of Parkinson disease and risk for cognitive impairment and depression.
- Dewey RB, Taneja A, McClintock SM, Cullum CM, Dewey RB, Bernstein I, Husain MM Cogn Behav Neurol 2012 Sep 25 3 115-20
- Three approaches to investigating functional compromise to the default mode network after traumatic axonal injury.
- Arenivas A, Diaz-Arrastia R, Spence J, Cullum CM, Krishnan K, Bosworth C, Culver C, Kennard B, Marquez de la Plata C Brain Imaging Behav 2012 Jul
- Donepezil effects on hippocampal and prefrontal functional connectivity in Alzheimer's disease: preliminary report.
- Zaidel L, Allen G, Cullum CM, Briggs RW, Hynan LS, Weiner MF, McColl R, Gopinath KS, McDonald E, Rubin CD J. Alzheimers Dis. 2012 31 Suppl 3 S221-6
- Point and interval estimates of percentile ranks for scores on the Texas Functional Living Scale.
- Crawford JR, Cullum CM, Garthwaite PH, Lycett E, Allsopp KJ Clin Neuropsychol 2012 26 7 1154-65
- Validation of the new interpretive guidelines for the clinical dementia rating scale sum of boxes score in the national Alzheimer's coordinating center database.
- O'Bryant SE, Lacritz LH, Hall J, Waring SC, Chan W, Khodr ZG, Massman PJ, Hobson V, Cullum CM Arch. Neurol. 2010 Jun 67 6 746-9
- Association between depression severity and neurocognitive function in major depressive disorder: a review and synthesis.
- McClintock SM, Husain MM, Greer TL, Cullum CM Neuropsychology 2010 Jan 24 1 9-34
- A randomized controlled trial comparing the memory effects of continuation electroconvulsive therapy versus pharmacotherapy: Results from the research in ECT (CORE) study.
- , G.E., Rasmussen, K.G., Cullum, M., Felmlee-Devine, D., Petrides, G., Rummans, T.A., Husain, M., Mueller, M., Bernstein, H., Knapp, R., O?Connor, K., Fink, M., & Kellner, C. for the CORE investigators. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2010 71 185-193
- Annualized functional change in alzheimer?s disease participants and normal controls
- Weiner, M., Fields, J., Hynan, L., & Cullum, C.M. The Clinical Neuropsychologist 2008 22 801-806
- A direct functional measure to help ascertain optimal level of residential care
- Weiner, M.F., Davis, B., Martin-Cook, K., Hynan, L.S., Saine, K.C., & Cullum, C.M. Journal of Alzheimers Disease and Other Dementias 2007 22 355-359
Mild brain injury: A Clinician's Guide
Raymond, M., Bennett, T.L., Hartlage, L., & Cullum, C.M. (1999). Plenum Press
Introduction to Clinical Neuropsychology
Naugle, R.I., Cullum, C.M., & Bigler, E.D. (1998). Austin, TX, Pro-Ed
Honors & Awards
- Board of Governors, International Neuropsychological Society
- Honored Mentor Award
National Academy of Neuropsychology (2012)
- President, American Psychological Association, Neuropsychology Division (40)
- Member at Large, American Psychological Association, Division of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Pam Blumenthal Distinguished Professorship
Distinguished Professorship in Psychology (2003)
American Psychological Association (Divisions 40 & 12) (1999)
- President, National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Ornish Award
Alzheimer Disease Research (1998)
National Academy of Neuropsychology (1992)
- Sports Neuropsychology Society (2012)
- Society of Clinical Psychology (Division 12 of APA) (2000)
- Clinical Neuropsychology Division, APA (Division 40) (1982)
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Texas Psychological Association