Dr. Cullum is a Clinical Neuropsychologist who specializes in the assessment of cognitive disorders. He is board-certified in Clinical Neuropsychology (ABPP/ABCN) and directs the Neuropsychology Program at UT Southwestern. Dr. Cullum also serves as the Chief of the Division of Psychology and Clinical Core Leader in the UTSW Alzheimer's Disease Center. He is a past-president of the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology and the National Academy of Neuropsychology and is actively involved in research, teaching, and clinical practice in neuropsychology. His research includes investigations into cognitive dysfunction in aging and dementia, neuropsychiatric syndromes, traumatic brain injury and sports concussion. His lab is also involved in new cognitive test development and in telemedicine applications of neuropsychology.
- Undergraduate School
- Pacific Lutheran University (1981), Psychology
- University of California San Diego VA Medical Center (1986), Clinical Psychology
- Graduate School
- University Health Services (1986)
- University of California San Diego VA Medical Center (1988), Clinical Neuropsychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Cognitive test development
- Dementia and Memory disorders
- Telemedicine applications in neuropsychology
- Traumatic brain injury and sports concussion
- Neuropsychological Test Scores Associated With Rate of Cognitive Decline in Early Alzheimer Disease.
- Parikh M, Hynan LS, Weiner MF, Lacritz L, Ringe W, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2014 Aug 1-15
- Older Adults with Amnestic Mild Cognitive Impairment Exhibit Exacerbated Gait Slowing under Dual-Task Challenges.
- Tseng BY, Cullum CM, Zhang R Curr Alzheimer Res 2014 May
- Computerized neurocognitive testing in the management of sport-related concussion: an update.
- Resch JE, McCrea MA, Cullum CM Neuropsychol Rev 2013 Dec 23 4 335-49
- Depressive symptoms and white matter dysfunction in retired NFL players with concussion history.
- Strain J, Didehbani N, Cullum CM, Mansinghani S, Conover H, Kraut MA, Hart J, Womack KB Neurology 2013 May
- Neuroimaging of Cognitive Dysfunction and Depression in Aging Retired National Football League Players: A Cross-sectional Study.
- Hart J, Kraut MA, Womack KB, Strain J, Didehbani N, Bartz E, Conover H, Mansinghani S, Lu H, Cullum CM JAMA Neurol 2013 Jan 1-10
- Initial practice recommendations for teleneuropsychology.
- Grosch MC, Gottlieb MC, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2011 Oct 25 7 1119-33
- Motor symptoms at onset of Parkinson disease and risk for cognitive impairment and depression.
- Dewey RB, Taneja A, McClintock SM, Cullum CM, Dewey RB, Bernstein I, Husain MM Cogn Behav Neurol 2012 Sep 25 3 115-20
- Three approaches to investigating functional compromise to the default mode network after traumatic axonal injury.
- Arenivas A, Diaz-Arrastia R, Spence J, Cullum CM, Krishnan K, Bosworth C, Culver C, Kennard B, Marquez de la Plata C Brain Imaging Behav 2012 Jul
- Donepezil effects on hippocampal and prefrontal functional connectivity in Alzheimer's disease: preliminary report.
- Zaidel L, Allen G, Cullum CM, Briggs RW, Hynan LS, Weiner MF, McColl R, Gopinath KS, McDonald E, Rubin CD J. Alzheimers Dis. 2012 31 Suppl 3 S221-6
- Point and interval estimates of percentile ranks for scores on the Texas Functional Living Scale.
- Crawford JR, Cullum CM, Garthwaite PH, Lycett E, Allsopp KJ Clin Neuropsychol 2012 26 7 1154-65
Mild brain injury: A Clinician's Guide
Raymond, M., Bennett, T.L., Hartlage, L., & Cullum, C.M. (1999). Plenum Press
Introduction to Clinical Neuropsychology
Naugle, R.I., Cullum, C.M., & Bigler, E.D. (1998). Austin, TX, Pro-Ed
Honors & Awards
- Board of Governors, International Neuropsychological Society
- Honored Mentor Award
National Academy of Neuropsychology (2012)
- President, American Psychological Association, Neuropsychology Division (40)
- Member at Large, American Psychological Association, Division of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Pam Blumenthal Distinguished Professorship
Distinguished Professorship in Psychology (2003)
American Psychological Association (Divisions 40 & 12) (1999)
- President, National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Ornish Award
Alzheimer Disease Research (1998)
National Academy of Neuropsychology (1992)
- Sports Neuropsychology Society (2012)
- Society of Clinical Psychology (Division 12 of APA) (2000)
- Clinical Neuropsychology Division, APA (Division 40) (1982)
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Texas Psychological Association