Dr. Cullum is a Clinical Neuropsychologist who specializes in the assessment of cognitive disorders. He is board certified in Clinical Neuropsychology (ABPP/ABCN) and serves as the Vice Chair and Chief of the Division of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry, where he holds the Pamela Blumenthal Distinguished Professorship in Clinical Psychology. He is the PI of the Concussion-Texas (ConTex) studies, serves as the Scientific Director of the Texas Alzheimer's Research and Care Consortium (TARCC), and is the Clinical Core leader in the UTSW Alzheimer's Disease Center. He is a past president of the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology and the National Academy of Neuropsychology and the incoming President of the Sports Neuropsychology Society. He is actively involved in research, teaching, and clinical practice in neuropsychology. His research includes investigations into short- and long-term effects of concussion and early detection and differential diagnosis of neurodegenerative conditions of aging. His clinical research lab is also involved in cognitive test development and in telemedicine applications of neuropsychology.
- Undergraduate School
- Pacific Lutheran University (1981), Psychology
- University of California San Diego VA Medical Center (1986), Clinical Psychology
- University of California San Diego VA Medical Center (1988), Clinical Neuropsychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Cognitive test development
- Dementia and Memory disorders
- Telemedicine applications in neuropsychology
- Traumatic brain injury and sports concussion
- Beyond the headlines: the actual evidence that traumatic brain injury is a risk factor for later-in-life dementia.
- LoBue C, Cullum CM, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2019 Dec
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Risk of Long-Term Brain Changes, Accumulation of Pathological Markers, and Developing Dementia: A Review.
- LoBue C, Munro C, Schaffert J, Didehbani N, Hart J, Batjer H, Cullum CM, J. Alzheimers Dis. 2019 Jul
- No Linear Association Between Number of Concussions or Years Played and Cognitive Outcomes in Retired NFL Players.
- Fields L, Didehbani N, Hart J, Cullum CM, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2019 Mar
- Current State of the Literature on Psychological and Social Sequelae of Sports-Related Concussion in School-Aged Children and Adolescents.
- Wilmoth K, Tan A, Hague C, Tarkenton T, Silver CH, Didehbani N, Rossetti HC, Batjer H, Bell KR, Cullum CM J Exp Neurosci 2019 13 1179069519830421
- Validity of Teleneuropsychological Assessment in Older Patients with Cognitive Disorders.
- Wadsworth HE, Dhima K, Womack KB, Hart J, Weiner MF, Hynan LS, Cullum CM Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2018 Jan
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment Performance among Community-Dwelling African Americans.
- Rossetti HC, Lacritz LH, Hynan LS, Cullum CM, Van Wright A, Weiner MF Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2017 Mar 32 2 238-244
- White Matter Changes and Confrontation Naming in Retired Aging National Football League Athletes.
- Strain JF, Didehbani N, Spence J, Conover H, Bartz EK, Mansinghani S, Jeroudi MK, Rao NK, Fields LM, Kraut MA, Cullum CM, Hart J, Womack KB J. Neurotrauma 2016 Jul
- An Abbreviated Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) for Dementia Screening.
- Horton DK, Hynan LS, Lacritz LH, Rossetti HC, Weiner MF, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2015 May 1-13
- Video teleconference-based neurocognitive screening in geropsychiatry.
- Grosch MC, Weiner MF, Hynan LS, Shore J, Cullum CM Psychiatry Res 2015 Feb 225 3 734-735
- Neuropsychological Test Scores Associated With Rate of Cognitive Decline in Early Alzheimer Disease.
- Parikh M, Hynan LS, Weiner MF, Lacritz L, Ringe W, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2014 Aug 1-15
Mild brain injury: A Clinician's Guide
Raymond, M., Bennett, T.L., Hartlage, L., & Cullum, C.M. (1999). Plenum Press
Introduction to Clinical Neuropsychology
Naugle, R.I., Cullum, C.M., & Bigler, E.D. (1998). Austin, TX, Pro-Ed
Honors & Awards
Sports Neuropsychology Society (2020-2022)
Sports Neuropsychology Society (2018)
- Board of Governors, International Neuropsychological Society
- Honored Mentor Award
National Academy of Neuropsychology (2012)
- President, American Psychological Association, Neuropsychology Division (40)
- Member at Large, American Psychological Association, Division of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Pam Blumenthal Distinguished Professorship
Distinguished Professorship in Psychology (2003)
American Psychological Association (Divisions 40 & 12) (1999)
- President, National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Ornish Award
Alzheimer Disease Research (1998)
National Academy of Neuropsychology (1992)
- Sports Neuropsychology Society (2012)
- Society of Clinical Psychology (Division 12 of APA) (2000)
- Clinical Neuropsychology Division, APA (Division 40) (1982)
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Texas Psychological Association