Dr. Ludwig is a board-certified pediatric oncologist, with a special interest in the care of patients with leukemia, lymphoma, relapsed leukemia, or lymphadenopathy, as well as managing general pediatric oncology disorders. She also devotes a dedicated part of her practice to treating patients with vascular anomalies. She is an active member of the Children’s Oncology Group and serves as the institutional principal investigator for numerous early phase I trials aiming to improve survival in patients with refractory/relapsed leukemia.
Dr. Ludwig feels that families play a vital role in the care of a child with cancer and works with them to provide the best, most informed care possible.
- Medical School
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine (2009)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2012), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2015), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Vascular Anomalies
- Response to Alpelisib in Clinically Distinct Pediatric Patients With PIK3CA-related Disorders.
- Kolitz E, Fernandes NJ, Agim NG, Ludwigl K, J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2022 Feb
- Recent progress in the treatment of cancer in children.
- Butler E, Ludwig K, Pacenta HL, Klesse LJ, Watt TC, Laetsch TW, CA Cancer J Clin 2021 Apr
- Giant Congenital Melanocytic Nevus Treated With Trametinib.
- Mir A, Agim NG, Kane AA, Josephs SC, Park JY, Ludwig K Pediatrics 2019 Feb
- Small molecule inhibition of Axl targets tumor immune suppression and enhances chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer.
- Ludwig KF, Du W, Sorrelle N, Wnuk-Lipinska K, Topalovski M, Toombs JE, Cruz VH, Yabuuchi S, Rajeshkumar NV, Maitra A, Lorens JB, Brekken RA Cancer Res. 2017 Nov
- A New Case and Review of Chylothorax in Generalized Lymphatic Anomaly and Gorham-Stout Disease.
- Ludwig KF, Slone T, Cederberg KB, Silva AT, Dellinger M Lymphology 2016 Jun 49 2 73-84
- Warfarin blocks Gas6-mediated Axl activation required for pancreatic cancer epithelial plasticity and metastasis.
- Kirane A, Ludwig KF, Sorrelle N, Haaland G, Sandal T, Ranaweera R, Toombs JE, Wang M, Dineen SP, Micklem D, Dellinger MT, Lorens JB, Brekken RA Cancer Res. 2015 Jul
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Subspecialist
- Best Poster award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Fellow's Research Symposium (2015)
- Best Basic Science Award
Annual Surgical Research Forum, UT Southwestern (2014)
- Above-and-Beyond Recognition for Excellence
UT Southwestern Pediatric Residency Program (2010)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2013)
- American Society of Hematology (2013)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (2013)
- Childrens Medical Center Oncology Group (2013)