Dr. David R. Corey was born in Cambridge. Mass., August 13, 1963. He received his BA degree in Chemistry from Harvard University in 1985, and his PhD in Chemistry from the University of California at Berkeley in 1990. He completed postdoctoral training with Dr. Charles Craik in the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at the University of California at San Francisco (1990-1992). In 1992 Dr. Corey joined the faculty of the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor. In 1996 Dr. Corey received a secondary appointment to the Department of Biochemistry, and in 1998 he was promoted to Associate Professor and to Full Professor in 2003.
- Harvard University , Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Univ of California-Berkeley (1990)
- antigene oligonucleotides
- antisense oligonucleotides
- Nucleic acids
- Trinucleotide repeat disease
- Consequences of depleting TNRC6, AGO, and DROSHA proteins on expression of microRNAs.
- Johnson KC, Johnson ST, Liu J, Chu Y, Arana C, Han Y, Wang T, Corey DR, RNA 2023 May
- RNAi in cell nuclei: potential for a new layer of biological regulation and a new strategy for therapeutic discovery.
- Johnson KC, Corey DR, RNA 2023 Apr 29 4 415-422
- Reexamining assumptions about miRNA-guided gene silencing.
- Kilikevicius A, Meister G, Corey DR, Nucleic Acids Res 2021 Dec
- Challenges and Opportunities for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics.
- Corey DR, Damha MJ, Manoharan M, Nucleic Acid Ther 2021 Dec
- Impact of scaffolding protein TNRC6 paralogs on gene expression and splicing.
- Johnson ST, Chu Y, Liu J, Corey DR, RNA 2021 Sep 27 9 1004-1016
- Argonaute binding within human nuclear RNA and its impact on alternative splicing.
- Chu Y, Yokota S, Liu J, Kilikevicius A, Johnson KC, Corey DR, RNA 2021 Sep 27 9 991-1003
- Argonaute binding within 3'-untranslated regions poorly predicts gene repression.
- Chu Y, Kilikevicius A, Liu J, Johnson KC, Yokota S, Corey DR, Nucleic Acids Res. 2020 Jun
- Analyzing pre-symptomatic tissue to gain insights into the molecular and mechanistic origins of late-onset degenerative trinucleotide repeat disease.
- Chu Y, Hu J, Liang H, Kanchwala M, Xing C, Beebe W, Bowman CB, Gong X, Corey DR, Mootha VV, Nucleic Acids Res. 2020 May
- Delivery of Antisense Oligonucleotides to the Cornea.
- Chau VQ, Hu J, Gong X, Hulleman JD, Ufret-Vincenty RL, Rigo F, Prakash TP, Corey DR, Mootha VV, Nucleic Acid Ther 2020 Mar
- Chemistry, mechanism and clinical status of antisense oligonucleotides and duplex RNAs.
- Shen X, Corey DR Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Dec
Honors & Awards
- Gilman Special Opportunity Award
- Excellence Postdoctoral Mentoring Award
- McKnight Neuroscience Award
- Welch Lectueship
- CaP Cure Research Award
- Damon Runyon Postdoctoral Fellowship
- American Chemical Society (1990)
- Oligonucleotide Therapeutics Society (2005)