Heather Kitzman, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Peter J. O’Donnell Jr. School of Public Health and Director of the UT Southwestern CTSA Program’s Office of Community Health and Research Engagement. She has conducted federally funded community-engaged translational and clinical research related to chronic disease in lower income populations for the past two decades.
- University of Texas at Austin (1996), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Houston-Clear La (2000), Psychology
- Graduate School
- Southern Methodist University (2006), Psychology
- Designing health care: A community health science solution for reducing health disparities by integrating social determinants and the effects of place.
- DeHaven MJ, Gimpel NA, Gutierrez D, Kitzman-Carmichael H, Revens K, J Eval Clin Pract 2020 Oct 26 5 1564-1572
- Reducing metabolic syndrome through a community-based lifestyle intervention in African American women.
- Mamun A, Kitzman H, Dodgen L, Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 2020 Sep 30 10 1785-1794
- A population health dietary intervention for African American adults with chronic kidney disease: The Fruit and Veggies for Kidney Health randomized study.
- Wesson DE, Kitzman H, Montgomery A, Mamun A, Parnell W, Vilayvanh B, Tecson KM, Allison P, Contemp Clin Trials Commun 2020 Mar 17 100540
- Promoting Social Nurturance and Positive Social Environments to Reduce Obesity in High-Risk Youth.
- Wilson DK, Sweeney AM, Kitzman-Ulrich H, Gause H, St George SM, Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 2017 Mar 20 1 64-77
- The associations of parenting factors with adolescent body mass index in an underserved population.
- Schneider EM, Wilson DK, Kitzman-Ulrich H, St George SM, Alia KA, J Obes 2013 2013 715618
- The effects of a community-based partnership, Project Access Dallas (PAD), on emergency department utilization and costs among the uninsured.
- DeHaven M, Kitzman-Ulrich H, Gimpel N, Culica D, O'Neil L, Marcee A, Foster B, Biggs M, Walton J, J Public Health (Oxf) 2012 Dec 34 4 577-83