Dr. Chiu earned his medical degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and completed his internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Chiu joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1991. He served as Medical Director of Parkland Memorial Hospital’s Ambulatory Care Clinic until 1997 when he went into private practice for more than 12 years. He rejoined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2011.
Dr. Chiu specializes in general internal medicine and primary care.
Dr. Chiu is a member of the American College of Physicians, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Texas Medical Association.
- Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School (1988)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1989), Internal Medicine
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (1991), Internal Medicine
- Secondary Syphilis in HIV-1 Infected and Uninfected Persons: A Comparative Immunohistochemical Study
- McBroom R, Styles A, Chiu M, Clegg C, Cockerell C, Radolf J Am J Dermatology 1999 21/5 432-441
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association