Michael Chiu, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Michael Joseph Chiu, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of General Internal Medicine. He specializes in general internal medicine and primary care.
Dr. Chiu earned his medical degree at the University of Michigan and completed his residency in internal medicine at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Chiu joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1991. He served as Medical Director of Parkland Memorial Hospital’s Ambulatory Care Clinic until 1997, when he went into private practice for more than 12 years. He rejoined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2011.
He is a member of the American College of Physicians, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Texas Medical Association.
- Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School (1988)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1989), Internal Medicine
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (1991), Internal Medicine
- Secondary Syphilis in HIV-1 Infected and Uninfected Persons: A Comparative Immunohistochemical Study
- McBroom R, Styles A, Chiu M, Clegg C, Cockerell C, Radolf J Am J Dermatology 1999 21/5 432-441
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association